Helpful Links

iPhone Unlocking Questions and Discussion

Community Manager

iPhone Unlocking Questions and Discussion

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 2,401
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: iPhone Unlocking - How To From AT&T

Your device is designed to work on the AT&T wireless network, and may require a device unlock to operate on another compatible wireless network.

AT&T can send you unlock instructions upon request, provided that we can reasonably obtain them from the manufacturer and that you meet the requirements below. You should receive a response within two business days.

How To Request A Device Unlock

1. Go to the Device Unlock Portal (page best viewed from a desktop or tablet).
  2. Follow the prompt listed. 

Business customers can request an unlock code for a business device Here.

Note: AT&T cannot unlock devices from other wireless carriers.

To check status of your request

1. Go to our Status Portal.
  2.  Enter your IMEI Number & Request Number.
  3. Follow the prompts.

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests

• The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support)
  • It must not be reported lost or stolen.
  • It’s not associated with fraudulent activity.
  • All the device’s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
  • The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer’s account.
  • If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer’s remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

Postpaid Customers

• Your account must be active for at least 60 days, with no past due or unpaid balance.

Prepaid / GoPhone®

• The device must be active for at least six months of paid service.

Non-AT&T Mobility Customers

• You’ve never had an AT&T wireless account and you meet the General Requirements for unlock requests.

Deployed Military Personnel (Current AT&T Customers Only)

• Current AT&T customers who are active and deployed military personnel, and have provided deployment verification, need to meet all the General Requirements, except those related to the device's service commitments, installment plans and early termination fees.
  • AT&T, at its sole discretion, may limit the number of devices military personnel can unlock.

Important:

AT&T reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud AT&T or its customers. AT&T further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2,401
Tutor

I phone 3gs carrier unlock request

Dear sir
Yesterday i update my i phone 3gs after update its show no service then I m call apple customer care he says your phone locked by att carrier.sir please help me
Message 3 of 2,401
Scholar

Re: I phone 3gs carrier unlock request

You will have to submit unlock request through the online form. If the phone does not belong to you, then you will have to find out who the owner of the phone is, and ask the owner to request the unlock request with att. 

Message 4 of 2,401
Tutor

Sir im living in india I have not an att account how to s...

Sir im living in india I have not an att account how to submit my request
Message 5 of 2,401
Community Manager

Re: Sir im living in india I have not an att account how to s...

Hi @shahrukh 

You can still submit a request even if you never had an AT&T account. See the information above and use the link to the online unlock portal to get started.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 2,401
Contributor

Please help me my iphone 6

Hello. I bought iphone 6 unlock. I have att number over 6 month. I back to Russia and my iphone does not work. I need to unlock my phone. What o need to do? In New York with my att number iphone worked.
Message 7 of 2,401
Tutor

Re: iPhone Unlocking Questions and Discussion

im a business customer, spend around $6,000 every month, and no doubt that ATT covers my necessity while abroad, however when asked to provide unlock for iphones they really are a pain, that makes me move to others carriers such as tmobile, since they have no restrictions in unlocking the phone at no problem, Ive been a customer for many years and I find this "unable to unlock" a sort of pushiment towards our loyalty, I mean I even researched if these was under constituion and Ive found out recently: "

President Barack Obama signed a bipartisan bill into law Friday that aims to make it easier for consumers to change their cell phone service providers without paying for a new phone.

The bill, known as the Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act, reverses a decision made by the Library of Congress two years ago that said it was illegal for consumers to "unlock" their cell phones for use on other networks without their service provider's permission." under DMCA S.517 Why Att keep their unfair policy?

I called ATT and they simply told me that the phone must be in the account for at least 60 days

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 2,401
Scholar

Re: Please help me my iphone 6

you have to request the unlock through online form. Or you can try call customer service at 18003310500 to get one of the rep to help you. 

Message 9 of 2,401
Scholar

Re: Please help me my iphone 6

Im assuming you have an international SIM?  It doesn't sound like it was unlocked.  So get an unlock code and place another carrier SIM into the iPhone and restore via iTunes to unlock the iPhone.  

Message 10 of 2,401
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support