For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
akoxeno's profile

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 1:02 PM

iPhone 7 pre-orders Sept 9

I didn't see a thread in place so could someone remind me of the hurrdles we must survive in order to place a pre-order for an iPhone 7 on Sept 10?

I will be in Brazil (same time as EST) all next week with long working days. It will be very difficult to follow Apple news on Sept 7 and especially AT&T announcements that swiftly follow.

I picked up an iPhone 6S at this same time last year and it is on a 12-month AT&T 'contract'. I vaguely remember my primary challenge last year was simply trying to place my order in the middle of the night.

Edited to change Sept 9 to Sept 10.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Well, Apple has yet to announce that there is an iPhone 7, so there is no ordering hurdles yet!

But generally ordering is a few days later so you should have all day on the 8th (and probably the 9th) to find out when ordering starts (midnight on Friday, Pacific time is where I have my money).

I don't think iPhones have ever been orderable on the day of announcements.

If you travel do you want a locked AT&T phone? or an unlocked Apple phone?

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

8 years ago

Apple sent out invitations for Sept 7 so the tradition has been to start pre-orders on Sept 10 {not 9} even if some devices do not ship until the end of the month.

Unfortunately, this trip next week to Brazil is perhaps my most demanding international trip this year with limited time to access Wifi simply because of the extended working hours.

More than anything I was trying to help us remember how this process works since each new ordering cycle sets off a stream of emergency posts on how to handle issues that seem to always return.

I travel with a locked phone to 80 countries and counting. However, I have an old 3G if I need a local SIMs.

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

8 years ago

I will edit the  thread title - which originally said Sept 9 - because when I looked at my diary, I see the actual orders last year were Saturday midnight, not Friday. In this case that means Sept 10 at 4 am Brazil time which might work for me.

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

8 years ago

Well, I don't know how this is working out for others but I cannot even login to MyAT&T to make sure I can buy a phone early in the morning. The iPad and iPhone app rejected my original password and then rejected a new password that I created.

Is this because I am in Brazil? How am I going to place an order with AT&T? Can I just order from Apple and they will honor my AT&T Next plan?

BTW, please note that the original title of this thread was Sept 9 then someone convinced me to change to Sept 10 but we now know the pre-orders are in fact on Sept 9 but I can't change the title of thread now.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

If I remember last year, the preorders are not filled on debut day for many, even if they preordered at midnight on opening day.  Those who ordered the largest storage were waiting quite a while.  

Those who pre ordered direct from Apple, or walked into a store got phones on the first day.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @akoxeno

I will fix the title of the thread for you to avoid any confusion. Thanks

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

No disrespect to AT&T, but if I were in your shoes, I'd serioudly avoid pre-ordering thru carrier.

AT&T screwed me over royally. I preordered my iPhone 6 Plus & was given an order number, only to be told that it couldn't be tracked and ultimately was 'forgotten about' weeks later. 

I honestly can not say the same about Apple.com orders as I've never had a problem ordering from them (other than the fact that at 3 AM Eastern tonight their website will be flooded. HINT: Avoid the website lag and nonresponsiveness when preordering by doing what I do: pre-order using the Apple App, not the website).

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

8 years ago

I remember stories like your case so since my iP6S is on a 12 month AT&T Next plan will Apple be able to kept the AT&T Next plan in place if I order from their web? My impression from last year is that Apple had a comparable program of their own and would not facilitate keeping us on the AT&T plan..

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

8 years ago

I failed to return to a previous question. If these complications are not resolved soon and even VPN does not allow me to login to MyAT&T while in Brazil, is there an AT&T number that I could call using Skype to place my order at the announced midnight pacific time?

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

8 years ago

An update for the benefit of anyone else in the same situation. I could not login to my AT&T account using iPhone and iPad apps or a web page on my iPad Pro.

I used Twitter to ask AT&T to help and since their response was quite slow I went ahead and activate my VPN account. That solved my problem so I should be good to go at 4 am local time here in Brazil.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.