Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPhone 7 on its way?

Highlighted
Contributor

iPhone 7 on its way?

I received an AT&T Free Message from 111130000 saying my new iPhone 7 is on its way, etc. I already have an iPhone 7. I recently checked the trade-in value but never finalized it, deciding to handle everything in the store. Should I be concerned that a second iPhone 7 is coming my way? Outside of the necessary input information to check the trade-in value (phone type, serial number, phone number), I didn't provide any other information.
Message 1 of 54

Re: iPhone 7 on its way?

I just got the same text, but on my online account my estimated shipping date ranges from October 19 - October 26. So I'm wondering if the phone is actually "on its way" now, even though it says it's not shipping for another month. 

Message 2 of 54
Contributor

I just got the same text and I also traded in-store and already have the 7. It must be some kind of mistake.
Message 3 of 54
Mentor

Text from AT&t

I pre-ordered an iPhone on the ninth. I immediately got an email saying thank you order received. When I checked the website it says preparing for shipment, since the second day after ordering it. A few minutes ago I got a text message from AT&T saying " your iPhone is on its way "
Has anyone else got a text message saying this? And if so what does it mean?
My online status still says " preparing to ship "
Message 4 of 54

Well I spoke with ATT chat and they said that they don't see an estimated shipping date, which means it actually could be on the way for me (hopefully). I just hope it doesn't get pushed back!
Message 5 of 54
Contributor

I just got the same type of message. I ordered my rose gold iPhone 7+ on the 11th and my shipping ranges where from oct 14-21
Message 6 of 54

@Smiles2 I'm in the same boat buddy. Got the same text and everything.
Message 7 of 54
Mentor

I just talked to a representative. He said it could be sitting in the warehouse waiting to ship until my late oct ship date.  if you have it now why not ship it early?

Message 8 of 54

@Smiles2 Sounds like that rep has no idea what's going on. No way they would just let a new iPhone sit and collect dust for a month with demand this high. I used the chat function to talk to a rep and he said that my account shows no shipping dates, which means it actually could be headed this way. But my art account still says October 19-26. Btw I ordered the 7+ 128g in Matt black on September 13th. Would be pretty cool if they were on the way for us!
Message 9 of 54
Mentor

I figure they have no more info than I do. I agree no one would let them just sit there. I ordered jet black 7 plus. I don't mind waiting, but would be super excited if it came early.
I asked him if it's just sitting there can I pick it up. He said no it would be mailed to the address I provided. I knew he would say that I was just asking to prove a point that they wouldn't just be sitting there for a month
Message 10 of 54
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support