The new iPhone 15
LouRG123's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2016 7:48 PM

iPhone 7 Pre-Order - Unlimited Plan

I'm out of the country and I'm a bit confused to what my options are regarding iPhone 7 preorders. I'm currently on an iPhone 6 and vaguely remember that I couldn't pre-order my phone thought apple since they weren't renewing AT&T plans but only offering AT&T next and apple upgrade program. I had to get my phone through AT&T to renew my grandfathered unlimited plan and offer a subsidized iPhone 6. Does anyone know if that is still the case or if AT&T even still renewing grandfathered unlimited plans?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @LouRG123

You can keep your grandfathered plan, just make sure to skip any "new plan" selections during your upgrade process and review your order summary carefully to ensure your current plan stays the same before submitting.

I don't know if you can do that on Apple's site, but you can definitely keep it on att.com/wireless or if upgrading in store.

AT&T doesn't offer subsidized upgrades anymore however, you will need to use a AT&T Next upgrade program, which might be cheaper with newer mobile plans, you'll be able to compare during your order.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

i m eligible for upgrade on September 12th,my plan is 2 years agreement with unlimited data, can I keep my plan when I upgrade to the iPhone 7 ? I don't want Next plan !

thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Yes you can keep your unlimited data plan. There are no 2 year contract discounts anymore so your only options are pay full price upfront or in installments (Next). 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

That sucks ! I wish they keep the 2 year contract discount .

based on Att.com I m now eligible for Next plan but my 2 years contract ends on September 12th, can I still upgrade to next  or I should wait for my 2 year contract expiration?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was ready to preorder but my usual upgrade pricing didn't come up an an option. Anyone else have the same issue. I used it last year for an upgrade on one of my lines. If its still an option why doesn't it show up for online ordering?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I just pre-ordered my Iphone, however, in the confirmation screen (not in email, havent recieved an email yet) it said all your devices mobile share plans will go into effect within 48 hours of your order shipping. However, I carefully reviewed my order and did not have any changes to my plan or data plan selected, is this just a generalized message. Did anyone else have this?

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

8 years ago

me. freaking out

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Same here, however, if you also did not change your plan perhaps this is just a general message

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

8 years ago

think it's an error. waiting for an expert to chime in

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Hopefully one chimes in soon. I really wish there was a number I could just call now to get an answer. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.