The new iPhone 15
stevensh1's profile

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Saturday, September 12th, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

I don't think they are worried as much as we are because in most cases, the AT&T customer is paying for the phone (thru Next, 2 year contract or in-full), not AT&T. Most of the posts I have read here are just cancellations of the phone order but not defecting to another carrier. Yes they may have some but whenever has a very large corporation worry about a very small (in their terms "acceptable") amount of customer losses. Just my opinion.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

I agree that the minority of people having issues is probably not affecting them at all...I'm just used to significantly better customer service from companies like Apple and DirecTV...they are distributing one company's product and acquired the latter...they should learn to learn and adopt...

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

@ldsteelman wrote:

I don't think they are worried as much as we are because in most cases, the AT&T customer is paying for the phone (thru Next, 2 year contract or in-full), not AT&T. Most of the posts I have read here are just cancellations of the phone order but not defecting to another carrier. Yes they may have some but whenever has a very large corporation worry about a very small (in their terms "acceptable") amount of customer losses. Just my opinion.

Agreed.  It isn't like people cancelling their ATT orders are leaving ATT.  They are turning around and signing up for a NEXT contract through Best Buy or outright buying the phone.  That isn't hurting ATT.  There are so many people in the queue for a backordered phone that the one given up for one through Best Buy will just move on down to the next person in the queue.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

@ldsteelman wrote:

This is what I am thinking.

"You are cancelling your web order, so that you can buy our product from BB. Thank you very much." The issue, you are still a paying AT&T customer.

That's why I am not particularly angry. If I was willing or had the means to take my business elsewhere, I would, but since I am not, I am not going to sweat it. Am I annoyed? Yes. Could they do better? Yes. Will this have long term ramifications? It depends. If they want me to change how I do business with them, they have to leave me a hole to migrate to.

For example. I migrated from an old Cingular plan FT 600 that does not exist any more. I migrated to FT 700 (still legacy), paying more, about $15/mo, but I feel I am getting, unlimited anytime minutes. (If I don't use them, then what's the point?)

Is AT&T loosing money from me, by doing this? Probably not. They are still gaining money, or taking in the same amount, because I have a very consistent track record and don't use the phone or text all that much. I simply don't want swinging bills month to month, sometimes over $200. (becuase I am calling outside of my region, which is Califoria - yes my plan was that old)

Second, if they want to stop the subsidy, they should do something for us. I have already shown that legacy, with subsidy is cheaper than any other comparable configuration on the Share Plan, with or without Next.

They have to leave me a way to buy any phone I want, without raising my rates by 20%. When they stop subsidy, they should to cut our bill by $18 per line, to compensate. That would be an equitable financial exchange.

The shared plans with 2 year contracts is worse, in that they raise your fee by $25 even though they subsidized your phone by $18. They are taking a $7 profit each month for basically financing your phone. That's close to 40% interest/profit. What kind of lending practice is that?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Last years launch most people that preordered didnt get there phones till late October to November. I got my SG iPhone 6+ last year November 25th and I preordered. I've also noticed that a lot of the phones on Best Buy were already not avaiable for preorder anymore and only certian ones were most likely indicating that they have a number of what they have in inventory. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

It looks like Best Buy is selling out of the 128G models and several 16G models across the board with the 64G being the most likely to be available on Friday. At least according to the phones that are available to order now, and not "coming soon" as adversised on the Best Buy website. 

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

@Jbeau3000 wrote:
For about 20 minutes after i received the order confirmation text my status said "back ordered". Then the pre-authorization was placed on my credit card and the status became in process. Until the 25th comes and goes you won't know if it's back ordered or if it's being shipped. 

You'll know on the 25th if it ships on the 25th, but if you're receiving it >on< the 25th, you'll receive your shipping notice and tracking number by email on Wednesday.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

@idobleedblue wrote:
It isn't like people cancelling their ATT orders are leaving ATT.  They are turning around and signing up for a NEXT contract through Best Buy or outright buying the phone.  That isn't hurting ATT.  There are so many people in the queue for a backordered phone that the one given up for one through Best Buy will just move on down to the next person in the queue.

A lot of them aren't leaving AT&T, but they're not necessarily doing the Next option either.  Apple's plan is a better choice for many, myself included.  If I don't get a shipping notice today, I'll be cancelling and picking up the one I reserved at the Apple Store.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

@benjitek wrote:

@idobleedblue wrote:
It isn't like people cancelling their ATT orders are leaving ATT.  They are turning around and signing up for a NEXT contract through Best Buy or outright buying the phone.  That isn't hurting ATT.  There are so many people in the queue for a backordered phone that the one given up for one through Best Buy will just move on down to the next person in the queue.

A lot of them aren't leaving AT&T, but they're not necessarily doing the Next option either.  Apple's plan is a better choice for many, myself included.  If I don't get a shipping notice today, I'll be cancelling and picking up the one I reserved at the Apple Store.

I did the NEXT option almost 2 years ago. I am not too happy with it, so this year I decided to buy the phones, then have them unlocked as soon as that is available for me. I would prefer to pay up front for these phones going forward. May give me a little leverage when trying to get a better data deal with AT&T when that time comes. And my monthly bill will be lower than my utility bill for a change. 

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

9 years ago

I'm a college kid on my parents plan. Pay my own stuff and whatnot but they will not allow me to flat out py or do the 2 yr activation...they don't like the 40 dollars a month sheer it is 15 or 25 on the next plan?  Hate it

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.