For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
stevensh1's profile

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Saturday, September 12th, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@eman561 wrote:

@sdlemire wrote:

@idobleedblue wrote:

@acezsta wrote:

Having the money is pretty much my reason, lol.

I'm in my 20s, single, no kids, no debt, and a disposable income--I'm not really concerned with saving a couple hundred bucks over several years.

IMO if you're (not you specficially) already tight on money then there's no good reason to buy a top-of-the-line smartphone with ANY plan. Probably not the analytical reasons you're looking for but it's just my situation. 

I hear ya.  Money isn't really an issue with both a pharmacist and a web application engineer's salary in our household. But even though money isn't an issue when it comes to electronic devices, we don't look for opportunities to throw it away either.  😃  A three or four hundred dollar savings ever couple of years is a nice dinner and a show in Vegas, or a nice upgrade on a vacation car rental, or a larger donation to our favorite charity (Children's Cardiomyopathy Foundation).  I know you weren't directing that necessarily at me as you mentioned... I was just curious as to the real advantages of Next.  It seems like so many people are jumping on it and I couldn't really get my head around why.

While I question why some might pay all that extra for Next... I'm sure some might question why I would pay $350 for a dinner for two.  hehe  I guess I'm just at that point in life where I enjoy paying more for experiences than items. 😃  Doesn't make others wrong and me right and vice-versa. 

Not sure about your plan, but for me, going from 2 yr to Next saved me $15/mo for the plan itself (I'm not grandfathered in on some unlimited data plan either, that is just considering the cost of having the phone on any plan), so most of that $300-$400 I would have 'saved' is negated by the higher priced plan during the 2 yr contract.  The 'savings' for doing the 2 yr contract for me seemed to turn out to be very little, probably between $100-$150 over 2 years. 

but in the end, you end up paying $949 for the best model and people on contracts pay $0 because we sell our phones at the end and usually make all of the $499 back or very close to it. You really think AT&T is nice enough to help you save money? The whole idea behind NEXT is that it costs the costumer more. That's why they're going out of their way to remove 2-year contracts. Profit.

@I have a 15GB Mobile Share data plan with 3 lines on it. With AT&T Next, this comes out to $100 for the plan, and $15 per line. Over the course of 2 years, this plan costs me $3,840 + the price of the phones (three 64GB iPhone 6S Pluses @ $850 each) which is another $2,550. In total, I pay $6,390 for the phones and the plan over the course of 2 years.

@If I were to opt for the 2-year contract, my Mobile Share plan would still be the base $100, but it would go up to $40 per line. Over the course of 2 years, this plan would cost me $5,280 + the price of the phones (three subsidized 64GB iPhone 6S Pluses @ $400 each) which is another $1,200. In total, I pay $6,480 for the phones and the plan over the course of 2 years.

In summary, choosing AT&T Next or buying the phone outright will save you money if and only if your plan is a Mobile Share data plan with 15GB+.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

@eman561 wrote:

@sdlemire wrote:

@idobleedblue wrote:

@acezsta wrote:

Having the money is pretty much my reason, lol.

I'm in my 20s, single, no kids, no debt, and a disposable income--I'm not really concerned with saving a couple hundred bucks over several years.

IMO if you're (not you specficially) already tight on money then there's no good reason to buy a top-of-the-line smartphone with ANY plan. Probably not the analytical reasons you're looking for but it's just my situation. 

I hear ya.  Money isn't really an issue with both a pharmacist and a web application engineer's salary in our household. But even though money isn't an issue when it comes to electronic devices, we don't look for opportunities to throw it away either.  😃  A three or four hundred dollar savings ever couple of years is a nice dinner and a show in Vegas, or a nice upgrade on a vacation car rental, or a larger donation to our favorite charity (Children's Cardiomyopathy Foundation).  I know you weren't directing that necessarily at me as you mentioned... I was just curious as to the real advantages of Next.  It seems like so many people are jumping on it and I couldn't really get my head around why.

While I question why some might pay all that extra for Next... I'm sure some might question why I would pay $350 for a dinner for two.  hehe  I guess I'm just at that point in life where I enjoy paying more for experiences than items. 😃  Doesn't make others wrong and me right and vice-versa. 

Not sure about your plan, but for me, going from 2 yr to Next saved me $15/mo for the plan itself (I'm not grandfathered in on some unlimited data plan either, that is just considering the cost of having the phone on any plan), so most of that $300-$400 I would have 'saved' is negated by the higher priced plan during the 2 yr contract.  The 'savings' for doing the 2 yr contract for me seemed to turn out to be very little, probably between $100-$150 over 2 years. 

but in the end, you end up paying $949 for the best model and people on contracts pay $0 because we sell our phones at the end and usually make all of the $499 back or very close to it. You really think AT&T is nice enough to help you save money? The whole idea behind NEXT is that it costs the costumer more. That's why they're going out of their way to remove 2-year contracts. Profit.

Like I said, there's a savings with contracts.  Not by the margin you seem to claim (I can sell my phone at the end, too) but there is and it's not surprising why the industry here is moving away from it.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Don't feel bad. Mine won't be shipped until November 😞

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

I just got finished cancelling with AT&T and ordering through Best Buy. Got the guarateed September 25th pick up date. I called my store and said I should be good to go. Its a fairly popular store too and they said they haven't had many people preorder. 

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

@connore wrote:

@I have a 15GB Mobile Share data plan with 3 lines on it. With AT&T Next, this comes out to $100 for the plan, and $15 per line. Over the course of 2 years, this plan costs me $3,840 + the price of the phones (three 64GB iPhone 6S Pluses @ $850 each) which is another $2,550. In total, I pay $6,390 for the phones and the plan over the course of 2 years.

@If I were to opt for the 2-year contract, my Mobile Share plan would still be the base $100, but it would go up to $40 per line. Over the course of 2 years, this plan would cost me $5,280 + the price of the phones (three subsidized 64GB iPhone 6S Pluses @ $400 each) which is another $1,200. In total, I pay $6,480 for the phones and the plan over the course of 2 years.

In summary, choosing AT&T Next or buying the phone outright will save you money if and only if your plan is a Mobile Share data plan with 15GB+.

I guess it is unique to each individual.  For us… the two iPhones cost us $898 combined with 2-year contracts and we are paying a total of $4,202.80 over two years.

$137.70 total (after all surcharges and fees for both phones) per month for 1400 minutes w/ rollover, unlimited messaging and unlimited LTE.

If we did Next with 15GB of shared data… it would cost us $31.67 per month + $28.34 per month + $130 per month + $6.51 in surcharges and fees which comes out to $4716.48 over the course of 2 years and that is with less WAY less data and we get to sell our phones every 2 years for nearly what we paid for them after subsidy, so it definitely adds up. We are saving over $500 by doing the 2-year contract (which is enough to pay for the more expensive of the two phones) and we sell our phones each time we upgrade and nearly break even when paying for the new phones.

I guess each situation and family is different.  For us, it makes WAY more sense to do the 2-year contract.  It is a significant savings for us to stick with our grandfathered unlimited plan and avoid the Next plan like the plague. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Just thought I would add my experience. I just canceled and preordered with best buy about 5 minutes ago. Just to make sure, I called the store and got connected with their mobile department and asked about the pick up date. He told me it is not guarunteed that I will get my phone on the 25th. He said the preorders are put in a queue. The amount of phones they get that day will determine how many in the preorder queue will get the phones. He also said to look out for an email from best buy saying that the phone is ready to be picked up.

I guess the only way to know who made the right decisioin is waiting on until the 25th!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

I agree. I have one order with Best Buy and my original order with AT&T. Best Buy told me the same thing they told you. So I kept my order with AT&T until Friday. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Looks like someone in this forum got the 6s Plus 128GB silver and have a shipping confirmation date of Sept 24th. http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/at-t-pre-order-thread.1914959/

"Got my order in about 3 minutes before midnight. Technically it was 1:57 am central time. Pretty easy process. Well done AT&T. Used the iPhone app.

Order Status: Preparing to ship

Estimated Ship Dates: September 24, 2015 - September 24, 2015

6s Plus 128GB Silver"

Seems like there might be hope. Has anyone elses order status changed?

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

@justinryanbear wrote:

Looks like someone in this forum got the 6s Plus 128GB silver and have a shipping confirmation date of Sept 24th. http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/at-t-pre-order-thread.1914959/

Seems like there might be hope. Has anyone elses order status changed?

The forum post you referenced was written on 9/12, shortly after the person pre-ordered.  Their status started out with that delivery date, it wasn't a status-change.  Smiley Embarassed

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.