For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
stevensh1's profile

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Saturday, September 12th, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

We are all out of luck with the plus... all of us who ordered on ATT website are burnt until October.

@jjallison1 wrote:

There isn't hope.  My wife works for Apple.  AT&T people are going to be waiting till the end of October.  Sorry to say, but we are absolutely out when it comes to the plus.

@jjallison1 wrote:

the model of plus we get is A1634.  The other carriers get A1688

@jjallison1 wrote:

the model of plus we get is A1634.  The other carriers get A1688

@jjallison1 wrote:

Stand by your door on 9/25 and wait for your plus.... Then call ATT CS when it doesn't arrive.

@jjallison1 wrote:

Stand by your door on 9/25 and wait for your plus.... Then call ATT CS when it doesn't arrive.

@jjallison1 wrote:

@jjallison1 wrote:

ATT, and it's MVNOs, will sell A1634

@jjallison1 wrote:

Hey Sousa, really, we ain't getting plus on 9/25.  Now you can believe that or not, up to you.  Personally, I'd just adjust my expectations to October, and be much happier... Cause that is when we are gonna get it.

@jjallison1 wrote:

Abed, the people who bought directly from Apple are going to get model A1688 on 9/25.  The people who bought directly from ATT get model A1634, between Oct 16-26.

@jjallison1 wrote:

I'll see you back here on 9/25 for a big I told you so ;c)

@jjallison1 wrote:

If you bought from ATT directly, you get an A1634 plus and it'll arrive in mid to late October.  If you bought from Apple, you get the A1688 on 9/25.  There is nothing else, ATT is ONLY selling the A1634 and Apple is selling ONLY the A1688.

@jjallison1 wrote:

The plus isn't gonna show up till mid to late October.

@jjallison1 wrote:

Either way, if you ordered a plus from ATT, you won't see it until mid to late October.

@jjallison1 wrote:

the only people who ordered from ATT directly who are going to get phones on 9/25 are the 6s people.  The pluses are gonna have to wait.

@jjallison1 wrote:

The only people getting phones on 9/25 are the 6s people.  The 6s plus people are out until October.

@jjallison1 wrote:

yadda yadda yadda

@jjallison1 wrote:

more stuff like before

@jjallison1 wrote:

yadda yadda yadda

@jjallison1 wrote:

wash rinse repeat

@jjallison1 wrote:

What I've said all along is that there is no A1634 phones available till mid to late October, and anyone with ATT who gets a plus on 9/25 is going to get the A1688

That made my day.  Thanks!  😃  You, sir, have been a hoot!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

ATT Cares Support has been sending tweets to people asking about there ship dates...

https://twitter.com/ATTCares/status/645282705106714625

Looks like these dates are correct.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Link to the backlight issue

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/14/iphone-6s-short-supply-backlight-module-kuo/

If if you aren't up to speed strawberry, let me fill you in..

As you can see in the article sited above, Apple has some supply chain issues with the plus backlight panels.  What has happened is that Apple chose to put 2/3 or the panels they have into model A1688, and the other 1/3 into model A1700 headed for China.  The problem for ATT folks is that the ATT model of plus is A1634.  There are no A1634 plus available for ship on 9/25, that's why everyone who ordered from ATT directly has mid to late October ship dates, and the regular 6s ATT have 9/25.  People with ATT who ordered directly from Apple will get model A1688 on 9/25.  Sadly, ATT direct order people will have to wait for their phones.  Hope this helps.

That's a link to a tech blog, one with the word >rumor< as part of it's name, posting about a >claim< regarding backlight supply constraints.  The claim is made by an investment analyst and has not been independently verified.  There's nothing 'official' about it, regardless of how you try to skew it in your summarization of the blog post. Could be true, or could just be an analyst trying to make his investors think he's on top of things by making an official sounding claim that can't really be checked -- a common occurance in the tech world Smiley Embarassed

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

9 years ago

@benjitek wrote:

@jjallison1 wrote:

Link to the backlight issue

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/14/iphone-6s-short-supply-backlight-module-kuo/

If if you aren't up to speed strawberry, let me fill you in..

As you can see in the article sited above, Apple has some supply chain issues with the plus backlight panels.  What has happened is that Apple chose to put 2/3 or the panels they have into model A1688, and the other 1/3 into model A1700 headed for China.  The problem for ATT folks is that the ATT model of plus is A1634.  There are no A1634 plus available for ship on 9/25, that's why everyone who ordered from ATT directly has mid to late October ship dates, and the regular 6s ATT have 9/25.  People with ATT who ordered directly from Apple will get model A1688 on 9/25.  Sadly, ATT direct order people will have to wait for their phones.  Hope this helps.

That's a link to a tech blog posting about a >claim< regarding backlight supply constraints.  The claim is made by an investment analyst and has not been independently verified.  There's nothing 'official' about it, regardless of how you try to skew it in your summarization of the blog post. Smiley Embarassed

That's fine, I hear you man.  Just trying to show that I'm not making this up out of whole cloth.  Doesn't matter though, the more time that passes, and the closer to Friday we get, the more evidence comes out that I'm correct.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

I'm glad 4 minutes out of my day could bring a little sunshine to yours. And I wanted to thank you.  I knew if you kept talking you would reveal how full of it you really were.  They always do. 😃  People knew it already, but it was mighty kind of you to confirm it. 

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 years ago

iPhone 6+ | Space Gray | 128GB | Order Status

Pre-order completed within 5 minutes of the AT&T site opening.  Got the confirmation email, text, and October delivery dates.

If I click the 'check order status' button in my confirmation email, it shows my purchase as 'in progress'.  If I check using this AT&T site, it says 'preparing for shipment': https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLogin?productType=wireless

My credit card was authorized, but not charged, for the entire amount -- the charge showed as 'pending' until yesterday, now it's gone.  Just got my monthly AT&T bill, and the $45 upgrade fee was billed already.

Wonder when it'll show up Smiley Surprised

Explorer

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Just got off the phone with a manager because a ATT rep told me my contract date started on the 12th and although I dont have the phone, when I do receive it, I wont be able to return it and thank goodness the manager assured me that even though it shows that way, I can return it 14 days AFTER I receive the phone and cancel the contract (I'm month to month before pre-order) He also told me that ATT is trying to be efficient this year and they do have stock that will go out on the 25th but of course theres no way to truly know. He said as of now there are no backorder issues that he knows of (not sure how true this is) and that phones are scheduled to ship on the 25 or the 26th. I ordered a 6 Plus Rose Gold 64GB on a 2 year contract at 12:04 PDT Sept 12th. Again, dont know how true all this is we all have to wait and see but I am hoping everyone gets their phone in a timely fashion especially me I am a grad student and have NO time to go to anyones store for it. Happy Sunday guys 🙂 

Explorer

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

So I just went through the hole check out process with Best Buy, the iPhone 6s Plus 128gb gold for att that they will have on Friday is apple model MKTX2LL/A A1634. That should give us some hope, att won't release true shipping dates until Tuesday.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Wait how do you know shipping dates wont reflect till Tuesday?

Explorer

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

I don't know for sure on the shipping info, but pass few years I've ordered from att.com I didn't get my shipping info until 2-3 days before it arrived. They usual ship fro, Texas (att headquarters).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.