The new iPhone 15
JBinOhio's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 7:45 PM

iPhone 6Plus - No Service and calls dropping/cant hear

I think I might have made the biggest mistake and gotten the iPhone 6Plus.

this will be my fourth iPhone (3GS, 4S, 5 and 6Plus) and I think this is the WORST phone yet!!

All the HD video and add ons cannot help the fact that I CANNOT USE MY PHONE!!!

I get "No Service" mulriple times a day, calls intermittenly go silent and I cannot hear the other caller or the other caller cannot hear me, and now I get to a point where it just hangs up on anyone who calls me?!?!!?

I KNOW it is not a network problem due to my kids and their 5S connecting and having NO issues!!!

I see lots of complaining but no REAL answers!!!

HELP!!!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @JBinOhio

I’m sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your new iPhone 6 Plus! As the kids’ devices are functioning correctly, we can try the following to resolve this issue. First, try heading to Settings>General>Reset and Reset Network Settings. This will cause the device to restart and ensure it is using the default network settings. Should the issue persist, I’d recommend removing the SIM from one of your kid’s devices and inserting it into your iPhone 6 Plus purely as a troubleshooting step. If the device still exhibits a lack of service, we can narrow the issue down to the phone itself. If service is fully functional with this SIM inserted, we can narrow it down to your SIM card being the cause.

In the case of the device being the issue, I’d recommend bringing the device by your local Apple store for warranty support. Should the SIM card seem to be the cause, we can replace the SIM for free at any AT&T store.

I hope this helps! If so, please consider marking as an Accepted Solution to help other community members!

Charise

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same problem with my IPhone 6 plus and I as well have owned several IPhone with no issues. 

My phone is dropping calls, going off on its own, freezing up, can't turn the WiFi on the phone (like its frozen in the off postion)  My phone is only 32 days old and I have been trying to get it taken care of since it was 13 days old.   No solutions yet.  Does anyone have any suggestion as I am not prepared to pay the $50 fee to replace the phone and now Im being told its 17 days past the replacement date.  Please help.  

Thanks

Judie

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I am on my third iPhone 6 plus since February of 2015. People can't hear me on other end unless I switch to speaker phone. I am now downgrading to iPhone 6. Apple amazingly told me they have never heard of three phones having same problem owned by one person but I am seeing this issue everywhere. There should be a recall by Apple. I paid a lot of money. Where is our consumer protection. I was told today by my service provider that they are to no longer exchange defective iPhones. I have been a dedicated Apple buyer but this could be the last straw.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Oh my gosh! I'm having the exact same problems with my new 6s purchased just under one month ago.  I upgraded from my 5s (perfect phone).  Gave that to my daughter.  Nothing but problems with the 6s.  Dropped calls, can't hear the other person, they can't hear me.  One bar or No service shows at top.  No service when out on the road.  I've been on the phone numerous times with ATT.  Been in the ATT store about 4 times now.  They have changed my sim card and had me reset to factory settings to no avail.  Finally they had me speak to Apple who ran diagnostics and said just com into the Apple Store.  They replaced my 6s for another and here we go again with the same problems from day one.  Someone please figure this out as I am losing my mind over this and I'm sick of getting nowhere!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Did the 6 work better than the 6s?  I'm going throught he same problems.  Please advise...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I finally downgraded to a 6. No problems since.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I finally downgraded to a 6. No problems since.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having very similar problems too!!!

Sometimes I can't make calls and they frequently get dropped (even though I have a microcell in my house).

I was on a conference call that went silent. I missed half of it thinking we were just on hold and not realizing that it was my phone that had malfunctioned.

Meanwhile, I got a voicemail from my boss yesterday around 12:30. But, it didn't arrive in my voicemails until the next day. I got a notification around 6 this morning that she had left me a message around noon the previous day.

I also have problems with the wifi and Bluetooth. Every time I open Facebook after I've left my home, it says reestablishing connection. It also freezes apps quite frequently.meanwhile the phone won't switch from Bluetooth to headset when I turn off my car. Instead, it just ends the call.

I never had a single problem with my iPhone 5. And I've had this phone replaced by Apple for these issues once before. It's got to be AT&T. Thinking of trying a new provider to see if that helps.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thank God someone else has the same problems as I have had. Sudden dropped calls on my iPhone 6s. AT&T told me it was a cell tower issue and would be fixed within a month or so. That passed and nothing different. Called AT&T once again and suddenly my network area coverage map doesn't show them good coverage! Years ago that was true, but after switching to nothing but iPhones through the years I've had ZERO issues until this 6s. Reset the network settings over and over and over. Nothing. Tried every 'tip' including going off of LTE to Data only... nothing changed. It takes a lot to upset me, but I feel as if I'm back to the dark ages of cellular service. It was even better back in the 80's for me when I had the bag phone! Not happy at all. Spoke to Apple previously and they were of no help. Now AT&T is of no help. I'm utterly disgusted with both of them and I'm a long time Apple user and am paying AT&T / Apple well over $300/mo. Been with them both for as long as I can remember. The right hand blaming the left hand and back and forth. So tired of this mess. Period. Fed up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

It seems I'm having some of the same issues as others. The only thing I'm not seeing is Bluetooth headset issues. I have an LG Tone Infinim headset that I just received from the factory because my other LG headset wouldn't stay connected and the voice of the caller was warbled. I just tried my new headset and I am having the same issue. Warbled voice of caller. Anyone else having this issue? Any answers as to what I can do to resolve?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.