The new iPhone 15
PunchTop's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, September 21st, 2014 4:52 PM

iPhone 6 not connecting to LTE

I upgraded from a 4s to a 6 on Friday. My restore went perfect but my iPhone 6 has yet to connect to the LTE network. My partner has a 5s and at home and other places it on LTE while mine just says 4G.

I've played with the cellular setting and have checked on the LTE setting. Power cycled the phone many times, turned airplane mode on and off and cellular data. Still only on 4G.

How can I fix this?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Thru the web chat support a technician Tyler helped me out and got it going! He is a star!! Outstanding!

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

So, just web chatted with an AT&T tech support guy. 

He said that 4G=LTE and so if it shows 4G on the phone, then I'm good. 

I largely believe this to be nonsense, but haven't got a footing to disagree. 

Can anyone explain, loosely, what the resolution was? Something that I could use should I actually attempt to contact AT&T again?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same issue and just spent hours chatting with tech support and when they could not figure it out they said, there was an outage in my area and i said well for how long? and they said they don't know but they will resolve it.

I believe they are cheating people to 4G instead of 4G LTE and getting away with it.

completely disappointed with AT&T, switching at the first change i get. 

If anyone has an idea o how they fixed it for you, please repost. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

Your phone is 4G LTE capable. That doesn't guarantee you are in an area that is LTE covered. Even if it had coverage in the past. Note the disclaimers every carrier includes on their website under 4G LTE*

If other people in your area and in your house are getting LTE with ATT, then it has something to do with your phone or SIM card.

ATT can switch your SIM card for free, just visit an ATT store. They can check your phones settings also.
If you still don't have LTE, then it may be a faulty phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, i just went through that a few weeks ago, my wife has the same phone and she gets LTE while i don't standing next to each other.

I understand the disclaimer but the phone disconnects from the network without moving it, i can get LTE but no true data, meaning nothing works over data, or 4G if a place a call and no service with the phone in the same exact location withing one hour.

I'm more disappointed that they now have an outage after hours of conversation.

i can't help to feel that they are blaming the one thing that is out thier hands; thus, shedding the responsibly for the failure. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello I recently recieved my iPhone 6 and had AT&T to cut it on. My iPhone 6 is unlocked. In my case my LTE never came on it just stayed on 4G for a couple days so I called AT&T and the first time I was told 4G is LTE they both have the same speeds it's not saying LTE but I have the speeds. But I know I didn't because my cousin internet is way faster and she has LTE. I called them again and said does my plan offer LTE because I don't have LTE and the representative looked thru my plan and said you do but your LTE isn't on because when you got your phone your agent didn't put the IMEI number in the system. I gave her the number over the phone she told me to restart my phone and I had fast amazing LTE.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

HI! I know the answer. Go to Settings. General..Go all the way to the bottom and Hit "Reset  >" , then, Hit Reset Network Settings, your phone restarts and you are back on LTE!!!!!! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too had this issue and turns out that if you do not update your IMEI number and SIM number on your gophone/ATT account you get a 4G signal. Once you update these information on your account it should start showing up LTE signal.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.