Helpful Links

iPhone 6 Now Rumored for August Launch

Professor

iPhone 6 Now Rumored for August Launch

Apple is set to launch the iPhone 6 in August, a month earlier than expected, according to a news report.  A 4.7-inch screen version of the iPhone 6 will reach stores in August, with a 5.5-inch or 5.6-inch model released in September.

Since the iPhone 5 was released on September 21, 2012, this would present an interesting dilemma to those who are on a two-year upgrade cycle. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/09/us-apple-iphone-idUSBREA4808C20140509

Message 1 of 41
ACE - Master

Re: iPhone 6 Now Rumored for August Launch

cousintim wrote:

Source for this?

The upgrade date for my account is a full 24 months from the activation date of my iPhone 5 upgrade.

The "official" upgrade date is listed at 24 months from the date you signed your contract.  AT&T will let you upgrade your phone any time in the month of which your contract is completed without forcing you to wait until the exact date.  If you contract is completed on Sept 29, tehy will let you upgrade on Sept 1st.  It's not much, but it's a nice little thing that they do.  I don't remember which of the AT&T employees told me this little tidbit, but I think it was posted here in the forums within the last month.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 41
Master

cousintim wrote:

Apple is set to launch the iPhone 6 in August, a month earlier than expected, according to a news report.  A 4.7-inch screen version of the iPhone 6 will reach stores in August, with a 5.5-inch or 5.6-inch model released in September.

Since the iPhone 5 was released on September 21, 2012, this would present an interesting dilemma to those who are on a two-year upgrade cycle. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/09/us-apple-iphone-idUSBREA4808C20140509

Did you hear the one that Apple is going to release an HDTV?  Not this year but last year, the year before that and the year before that! Oh and the new iPhone will be larger... That was the said each of the last one to two years......
The reports might be acurate but until Apple makes the announcement at one of their presentations, I would not get to0 excited.  It is safe to say there will be a new iPhone, when and what it will be is on Apple's secret timeframe and design!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 12 of 41
Expert

GeekBoy wrote:

cousintim wrote:

Source for this?

The upgrade date for my account is a full 24 months from the activation date of my iPhone 5 upgrade.

The "official" upgrade date is listed at 24 months from the date you signed your contract.  AT&T will let you upgrade your phone any time in the month of which your contract is completed without forcing you to wait until the exact date.  If you contract is completed on Sept 29, tehy will let you upgrade on Sept 1st.  It's not much, but it's a nice little thing that they do.  I don't remember which of the AT&T employees told me this little tidbit, but I think it was posted here in the forums within the last month.

Mine IS listed as the first day of the 24th month, sorry until I see a offical announcement from Apple it is blue smoke and mirrors

Message 13 of 41
Employee

From personal experience I've found something similar

There won't be anywhere official because not everyone qualifies for it, namely people who've had their upgrade dates pushed out for poor payment history or similar causes.

But many people who are officially able to upgrade a given day in a month, if they were to check their upgrade options earlier in that same month, it'll have already switched over to 'upgrade eligble now'.

I don't know how this works with AT&T Next.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 41
Master

There are reports today that Apple is not allowing vacations during some time in September.  This has historically happened and has been an indication of the release of some major product.  Not necessirly the iPhone 6 but most likely it is....

Take all rumors with a grain of salt and I am sure that if ATT is doing the same thing, the employees here may not be able to comment.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 15 of 41
Tutor

I have also been hearing rumors of the iPhone 6 being released in August.  However, I am going to wait and see what Apple says.  I would love to get an iPhone 6.

Message 16 of 41
Master

Can't wait. While I will not be getting one, it is still very exciting to see new products released - especially something as beautiful and innovative as the iPhone series. Hopefully the release of the next generation of iPhone will drive down the prices of the iPhone 5 and 5S so that I can replace my iPhone 4 within the next year or so. 2 years strong and 2 years stronger before me...I love it! 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 17 of 41
Highlighted
Professor

I can't wait to see it. but i got a 5S 2 about a week ago. i will wait to the ugs and hype die down.

i hope the iphone 6 has a bigger screen.  maybe some new features of some sort.

Message 18 of 41

Rumor has it that it will have a built-in pencil sharpener and a storage compartment for knitting needles.  Then again, you know rumors...

Message 19 of 41
ACE - Master

Richmond Dan wrote:

Rumor has it that it will have a built-in pencil sharpener and a storage compartment for knitting needles.  Then again, you know rumors...

That cinches it, my wife will have to have it for the knitting needle compartment.  But wait, will it have special FAA clearance to take it on a plane then since it could be hiding "dangerous weapons" (knitting needles)?

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 41
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support