For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
cousintim's profile

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

Friday, May 9th, 2014 10:13 PM

iPhone 6 Now Rumored for August Launch

Apple is set to launch the iPhone 6 in August, a month earlier than expected, according to a news report.  A 4.7-inch screen version of the iPhone 6 will reach stores in August, with a 5.5-inch or 5.6-inch model released in September.

Since the iPhone 5 was released on September 21, 2012, this would present an interesting dilemma to those who are on a two-year upgrade cycle. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/09/us-apple-iphone-idUSBREA4808C20140509

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

I honestly would take this with a grain of salt. iPhones are pretty known to be released in the Fall, would not shock me if that's what happens this time. 🙂

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

10 years ago

I try to believe every rumor I hear...makes my life so much more interesting.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Rayosun wrote:
iPhones are pretty known to be released in the Fall, would not shock me if that's what happens this time.

Only after they were known for being released in June.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

Since the iPhone 5 was released on September 21, 2012, this would present an interesting dilemma to those who are on a two-year upgrade cycle. 

Not a dilemma for me.  I purchased my iPhone 5 on release day in 2012 at an AT&T store in Indianapolis, IN.  I have been getting notifications for over a month now that I am eligible to upgrade my iPhone 5 using AT&T NEXT, so whenever the next iPhone is released (and available at an AT&T store) I will be able to get it without fear of my contract causing me delays.

I do know what you mean about the contract dilemma though, as when I upgraded from my iPhone 3G to my iPhone 4, I had to wait a month which pushed me back almost 2.5 months based on eligibility.  Just getting my iPhone 3G was delayed by a few months because of the contract on my Blackberry I had before that.

Anyone who purchased their iPhone 5 under contract with AT&T during September 2012 should be able to upgrade to a new contract iPhone as early as Sept 1, 2014, so even if the next iPhone is released in August (and following Apple's patterns, available in September), most people will be able to get one at the upgrade pricing (if they are renewing a contract).

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

Apple is set to launch the iPhone 6 in August, a month earlier than expected, according to a news report.  A 4.7-inch screen version of the iPhone 6 will reach stores in August, with a 5.5-inch or 5.6-inch model released in September.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/09/us-apple-iphone-idUSBREA4808C20140509

but then we will hear from those that just signed up for the 5S/C on the next plan and will not be eligible for upgrade..... Besides unless it has the Apple trademark on the press release it is blue smoke and mirrors

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Richmond Dan wrote:

I try to believe every rumor I hear...makes my life so much more interesting.

Which is why I visit Area 51 every April to celebrate the UFO sighting In Cape Girardeau

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

10 years ago

I am looking forward to the release of the iPhone 6. 😄

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

@GeekBoy wrote:
Anyone who purchased their iPhone 5 under contract with AT&T during September 2012 should be able to upgrade to a new contract iPhone as early as Sept 1, 2014, so even if the next iPhone is released in August (and following Apple's patterns, available in September), most people will be able to get one at the upgrade pricing (if they are renewing a contract).

Source for this?

The upgrade date for my account is a full 24 months from the activation date of my iPhone 5 upgrade.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

@GeekBoy wrote:

Source for this?

The upgrade date for my account is a full 24 months from the activation date of my iPhone 5 upgrade.

would like to know the scource also, mine is 24 months or the next plan

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

Source for this?

The "official" upgrade date is listed at 24 months from the date you signed your contract.  AT&T will let you upgrade your phone any time in the month of which your contract is completed without forcing you to wait until the exact date.  If you contract is completed on Sept 29, tehy will let you upgrade on Sept 1st.  It's not much, but it's a nice little thing that they do.  I don't remember which of the AT&T employees told me this little tidbit, but I think it was posted here in the forums within the last month.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.