Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPhone 6 Device Unlock Error - AT&T says IMEI number doesn't match a compatible device

Highlighted
Contributor

iPhone 6 Device Unlock Error - AT&T says IMEI number doesn't match a compatible device

I am trying to unlock my phone as I am moving abroad tomorrow. When I try, AT&T states that the IMEI number doesn’t match my device. I’ve checked it 10 times; this is not an error in mistyping the number. I’ve contacted AT&T in person and over the phone and it seems as though nobody can help me yet. 

The phone one is paid off and I’m the account holder. This is very odd- please help!

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage

Re: iPhone 6 Device Unlock Error - AT&T says IMEI number doesn't match a compatible device

Was your phone replaced?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Re: iPhone 6 Device Unlock Error - AT&T says IMEI number doesn't match a compatible device

Hey - yes actually it was replaced about a year and a half ago after I lost my original iPhone 6

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Same issue.  I had my iPhone 6 Plus replaced under warranty in the Apple store.  IMEI number not recognized by AT&T Unlock Portal.  Multiple calls to AT&T and they can't/won't unlock.  Apple insists they don't lock/unlock phones and so I'm stuck on purgatory here with no hope.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support