The new iPhone 15
Huynguyen's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 21st, 2017 3:50 AM

iPhone 6 Device Unlock Error - AT&T says IMEI number doesn't match a compatible device

I can't unlock my iPhone 6 (which is out of contract) because AT&T claim the IMEI number dosn't match a compatible device. This is the error message that I have been getting 3 times in a row:

"Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.

Check the IMEI number by dialing *#06#, or check the device settings, and then submit a new request."

This is of course nonsense, since I have been using my iPhone on the AT&T network for 2 years. I triple checked the IMEI number and it is correct. The device gives me the same correct number either when I look it up through device settings or when I dial *#06#.  This iPhone - purchased through Apple and activated through AT&T - was on a 2-year plan and is now paid off.

I really need to unlock this phone. Customer service can't or won't help. Why can't this issue not be fixed by a simple phone call?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I am getting an error message as well. At first I was receiving the same message you were getting and now I am receiving a message stating, "We're sorry, but we're having technical difficulties with our network at the moment. Please try again later." I've cleared my cache and history, tried multiple browsers used different emails, nothing works and I've been trying for 3 days straight. Poor service. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Contact Apple and find out if the phone is locked. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

i have the same problem it says that the imei number does not appear to be a cellphone or tablet

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Stephanie99 wrote:

i have the same problem it says that the imei number does not appear to be a cellphone or tablet

That message means the phone wa ps most likely sold as prepaid phone and has to be used on ATT for 6 months before ATt will unlock it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.