For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
THX1965's profile

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, February 19th, 2017 7:44 PM

Closed

Device Unlock Error - AT&T says IMEI number doesn't match a compatible device

I can't unlock my iPhone 6 (which is out of contract) because AT&T claim the IMEI number dosn't match a compatible device. This is the error message that I have been getting 3 times in a row:

"Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.

Check the IMEI number by dialing *#06#, or check the device settings, and then submit a new request."

This is of course nonsense, since I have been using my iPhone on the AT&T network for 2 years. I triple checked the IMEI number and it is correct. The device gives me the same correct number either when I look it up through device settings or when I dial *#06#.  This iPhone - purchased through Apple and activated through AT&T - was on a 2-year plan and is now paid off.

I really need to unlock this phone. Customer service can't or won't help. Why can't this issue not be fixed by a simple phone call?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Markus

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hello. I sent you a message last Friday but did not get a reply yet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just did it twice have the same issue. Please help. Device unlock portal - Denied

• Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.

Check the IMEI number by dialing *#06#, or check the device settings, and then submit a new request.

IMEI Number XXXXXXXXXX3657
Request Date/Time 03-16-2017 02:57:57 AM
Request Number NUL922089360176
Current Status Denied

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem.  Tried chatting with customer service and sent a private message.  Ridiculous that they are having this problem.  I have confirmation from Apple that my phone is on the network.  I have filed a complaint with the FCC as this is against the law for them to not unlock a phone that is eligible!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I can't unlock any of my at&t phones. Says it's not an att IMEI even though purchased from at&t

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

still doesn't work for me. please help!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Same here. I hope the private message can help. Can any one confirm if sending the private messaged helped?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Private message did help. Finally have my phone unlocked. Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I wish someday Apple will be more flexible with their device for unlocking

It is so so manual to unlock a phone this way: submit a ticket..then wait for 3,4 days

Come on, now we are in 21th century and Elon Musk is going to send people to Moon, but I still have to do it as people usually did 10 years ago?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi, I've got this problem too, Where may I sending a private message? I'm from Poland and I've got a AT&T locked  iphone 4. Sorry for my english.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi barlfoot,

You could send a private message to ATTCares by using the message function of forum

Just look back several posts, you will see an ATTCares's post 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.