The new iPhone 15
Jenniferb7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 4th, 2015 9:51 PM

iPhone 5c

Just purchased a new iPhone 5c from the website a week ago. It's screen just went black and won't come on. Help!

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

This has been a real issue on the forum. Some ATT stores insisting that you take it to an Apple store for diagnosis and replacement. Apple insisting that ATT should replace the phone in the first 14 days. I've not seen ANY resolution of this problem.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

According to the information from AT&T, in the first 14 days it their responsibility, after that it's covered under Apple warranty.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB111106&cv=820&_requestid=773750

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@Jenniferb7 wrote:
Just purchased a new iPhone 5c from the website a week ago. It's screen just went black and won't come on. Help!

If I may ask, is iPhone 5c fully charged up? Plug in your phone to a outlet with surge protecter, and wait a few minutes. If still nothing follow advice from previous posts.Smiley Wink

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Jenniferb7

I’m sorry to hear your device is not behaving as it should! Can you please try holding both the Home and Power buttons together for at least 10 seconds? The device should restart and function as normal. If the device does not wake/restart, please bring the device to your nearest AT&T store where we can replace it within 14 days of purchase.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.