09-26-2012 4:17 PM
My boyfriend and I both have iphone 3gs and automatically connect to our home wifi upon entering the house.
With my new iphone 5, the home network is not showing up. It shows as 4g but when I go under wifi, it's turned on but not listed under the "choose a network" even though our 3gs in the house are connected.
Solved by: Go to Solution.
09-27-2012 4:19 PM
For anyone having the same problem, it must have been a phone issue because I was able to swap out my phone today at Apple and the new one has picked up my home wifi and other connections when I'm out. YAY!
09-26-2012 4:20 PM
Is your router broadcasting it's SSID (name)? If it's sent up not to broadcast, you won't find it in the list. However, it is still there and you can manually enter the name. Select other and enter the same network name that's on your 3GS.
09-26-2012 4:23 PM
09-26-2012 5:43 PM
Try unplugging the router, waiting 30 seconds and plugging it back in. Sometimes if a router is on for an extended period of time it'll stop allowing new connections. Devices already connected continue to work but new devices can't see it.
09-26-2012 6:35 PM
Let's try a few things as I had some similar issues in the beggining.
1. Reboot your iPhones by holding the home key and the on/off button for 8 to 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo. - this worked for me.
2. Reset your network settings - Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. (You will need to re-enter any wifi hotspot passwords.)
09-26-2012 7:39 PM
Can you connect to other wifi networks elsewhere? It may be a hardware issue?
09-26-2012 7:41 PM
09-27-2012 5:03 AM
Ok, so I tested a few things:
* While driving down the road, my 3gs showed some available networks while my iphone 5 showed none
* At work, they are sitting side by side at my desk and my 3gs shows networks available while my iphone 5 shows none
* I move to the cafeteria (within my work) and then my iphone 5 does pick up a couple of the networks but my 3gs shows even more that are available