For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
little_brother's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 29th, 2012 5:17 AM

iPhone 5 Data Consumption.

I've had my iPhone 5 with AT&T for nearly a week now and my data consumption has went off the roof, a little over a gig (1024 mb/1g) was used already. It doesn't seem right, I'm really worried because it's only been a week, I called AT&T and I wasn't getting anywhere with the late night people that were working, one was even an egotisical "I know it all" kind of guy who wasn't the friendliest. I understand, it's my data my problem, but I've had iPhones for years and I just signed onto AT&T because I hear good things, it's egotisical jrks like this that make any impulsive person to just be quick to cut their contract and phone lines and move on to another carrier, but this has only happened once, other times I've had great people, at any rate, nothing was really explained as to why my data consumption was this high in only a weeks time. It doesn't make any sense because I've used iPhones for years, nothing out of the ordinary as far as my usage goes and I'm almost always hooked onto WiFi at home. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues with the iPhone 5?

I hope there's a solution other than the inconvenience of having to shut off my apps completely. This is ridiculous. I'm not saying that I'm not happy with my iPhone 5, because I love it, it's extremely fast and a great piece of technology it's just this issue with AT&T. 

Let me know if you've been experiencing the same issues. Maybe you'll know a solution.

Thanks.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

AT&T has dropped the ball because when you call they are totally unaware of any such issue and tell you that you just must be using more data than you think instead of helping you solve the problem.  The bottom line is that they get to charge you for more data by not helping you solve the problem.  However, they just lost us as 30 year customers.  (I was a Cellular One customer back when you carried the big bag phones.)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@gusNtulsa wrote:

AT&T has dropped the ball because when you call they are totally unaware of any such issue and tell you that you just must be using more data than you think instead of helping you solve the problem.  The bottom line is that they get to charge you for more data by not helping you solve the problem.  However, they just lost us as 30 year customers.  (I was a Cellular One customer back when you carried the big bag phones.)

Most of the time that is exactly what happened.  Either due to operator error, or a faulty phone.  

Simce the answer in on the phone, ATT can't explain it.  How can they?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.