The new iPhone 15
brainwaver's profile

Guru

• 

402 Messages

Sunday, November 6th, 2011 3:38 PM

iPhone 4s Time Zone Glitch?

I have my iphone 4s date/time set to "automatic" but I noticed the time had not updated this morning. My time zone is Central (TN). When I turn automatic "off" it goes correctly to "Chicago". But when I turn automatic back "on" it defaults to New York and I can't change the time zone! So I just turned automatic back off. My iPhone 4 was always set to automatic without any problems. Is anyone else seeing this? Am I missing another setting or is this a glitch in iOS5?  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

We just purchased the iPhone 4s yesterday and had the same issue today except in our case since we're in CA the timezone should have been Cupertino but automaticallychanged to Denver when turning "Automatic" on.  I fixed this by turning the phone off (really off and not just in sleep mode) and then turning it back on.  When the phone turned back on the timezone was set correctly.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

12 years ago

Same here as marcusa.

Odd though that my husbands phone was correct but mine wasn't until after I rebooted my phone.

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

I just read your post. I was going to reboot but before I did I changed it back to "automatic" and this time it stayed on Chicago. Go figure. I might just reboot it anyway. Thanks a bunch!  Smiley Happy

@marcusa wrote:

We just purchased the iPhone 4s yesterday and had the same issue today except in our case since we're in CA the timezone should have been Cupertino but automaticallychanged to Denver when turning "Automatic" on.  I fixed this by turning the phone off (really off and not just in sleep mode) and then turning it back on.  When the phone turned back on the timezone was set correctly.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Same prob in Maine. It seemed to fix itself

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

Yep, mine fixed itself, too.

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

12 years ago

General under  Date and Time have your time zone set  your city my 4S  rolled back 1 hour.now if you have it set to set Automatically it will not change the time.  this morning when i woke up i had the correct time. but when i put it on automatically it wanted to set the time 1 hour ahead.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

Me too . I miss my iPhone 4
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.