For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
mcpanse's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 16th, 2011 12:23 PM

iPhone 4S SIM Card Failure -- "NO SIM CARD". Anyone else getting this?

My black 16GB iPhone 4s reported "invalid SIM card" and then "No SIM card" 24 hours after activation. There is a growing number reports of this problem on Apple's user forum. 

Anybody here experience the same thing? Some folks have had luck rebooting their phones and/or removing and reinserting their SIM cards. That hasn't worked for me. 

If you're having the same problem, I encourage you to report it here and over in this Apple thread : "Sim Card Failure No Sim with iPhone 4S Anyone Else?". Google it and you should find it. There were 22 reports at last count.

Also, please share any experiences you have either fixing this problem yourself or trying to get help with this problem from Apple, AT&T or other carrier. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@kendrak09 wrote:

I'm having SAME problem!!! REALLY REALLY annoying! I tried taking sim card out and re-inserting (watch video on you tube for how-to) and still getting NO SIM message. Called att and they told me to go to store... WELL i can't go to store until tomorrow so VERY frustrating that I have no phone until after work tomorrow!!!!!! THEY really need ot fix this problem!

they will fix it by probably replacing the bad sim card that you have - that requires a store visit to get a new one. If the sim card is not bad then you will probably have to make an appointment at a Apple Genius bar to have them look at the phone. Apple supplies the warranty and hardware support for the iphone for all carriers, not the carriers

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

Also, if this continues after you get a new sim card be sure to take "screen shots" of your home screen showing the "no sim" error before you take it into the Apple Genius bar. If you don't and they can't make the problem replicate then there's nothing they can do except note it on your account. This happened on our iPhone 4 and the Apple guy told us if it recurred to be sure and take screen shots for them to see. Then they would replace the phone. Thankfully it hasn't recurred. In case you don't know how to take a screen shot, push the power button and home button at the same time (you'll hear a click) and it will take a picture of the screen and put it into your camera roll.

@kendrak09 wrote:

I'm having SAME problem!!! REALLY REALLY annoying! I tried taking sim card out and re-inserting (watch video on you tube for how-to) and still getting NO SIM message. Called att and they told me to go to store... WELL i can't go to store until tomorrow so VERY frustrating that I have no phone until after work tomorrow!!!!!! THEY really need ot fix this problem!

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

I had my 4s for about two years before the SIM would intermittantly fail... I could usually restart, or pop the sim out and back in, and it would read it. Finally it stopped doing that - went to ATT got a new sim, haven't had a problem since. 

Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.