Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 19, 2013
12:55:49 PM
View profile
iPhone 4 to iPhone 5
Edited by Eltalite27 on Feb 19, 2013 at 12:56:35 PM

Hey Everyone I'm new to the forums!

I have a couple questions regarding the iPhone 5. I currently have an iPhone 4 that I got back in November of 2011. My contract was renewed in August but I did not upgrade to the iPhone 4 until November. My question is: I recently obtained an Iphone 5 that I ordered off of eBay. I got through the activation process smoothly but as expected I have no cell service. Can I got to my local AT&T store and have them swap all my info such as my phone number, contacts, etc. from the micro sim in my iPhone 4 to the smaller nano sim in my iPhone 5? What costs will be involved in this procedure as well? Thanks.

I have a couple questions regarding the iPhone 5. I currently have an iPhone 4 that I got back in November of 2011. My contract was renewed in August but I did not upgrade to the iPhone 4 until November. My question is: I recently obtained an Iphone 5 that I ordered off of eBay. I got through the activation process smoothly but as expected I have no cell service. Can I got to my local AT&T store and have them swap all my info such as my phone number, contacts, etc. from the micro sim in my iPhone 4 to the smaller nano sim in my iPhone 5? What costs will be involved in this procedure as well? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

iPhone 4 to iPhone 5

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 19, 2013 3:25:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Eltalite27 wrote:

The iphone does not store contacts on the sim. The way to transfer all your information from the old iphone is to do a backup, then do a restore on the iphone5 using that backup. You can either backup to your pc or to icloud. As for that nano-sim that came with the iphone5, you need to activate it on your account and that you could do at your locat AT&T store.

Eltalite27 wrote:

The iphone does not store contacts on the sim. The way to transfer all your information from the old iphone is to do a backup, then do a restore on the iphone5 using that backup. You can either backup to your pc or to icloud. As for that nano-sim that came with the iphone5, you need to activate it on your account and that you could do at your locat AT&T store.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iPhone 4 to iPhone 5

2 of 6 (4,798 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 4:52:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Would getting the nano sim activated at my local att store cost anything?

Would getting the nano sim activated at my local att store cost anything?

3 of 6 (4,780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 7:02:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
No, shouldn't cost anything.
No, shouldn't cost anything.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (4,761 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 10:48:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
So this wouldn't count as an upgrade?
So this wouldn't count as an upgrade?

5 of 6 (4,746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 6:46:06 AM
(0)
Professor

If you bought the phone privately, it's not considered an upgrade.

If you bought the phone privately, it's not considered an upgrade.

6 of 6 (4,711 Views)