The new iPhone 15
Eltalite27's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 8:55 PM

iPhone 4 to iPhone 5

Hey Everyone I'm new to the forums!

I have a couple questions regarding the iPhone 5. I currently have an iPhone 4 that I got back in November of 2011. My contract was renewed in August but I did not upgrade to the iPhone 4 until November. My question is: I recently obtained an Iphone 5 that I ordered off of eBay. I got through the activation process smoothly but as expected I have no cell service. Can I got to my local AT&T store and have them swap all my info such as my phone number, contacts, etc. from the micro sim in my iPhone 4 to the smaller nano sim in my iPhone 5? What costs will be involved in this procedure as well? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Eltalite27 wrote:

Hey Everyone I'm new to the forums!

I have a couple questions regarding the iPhone 5. I currently have an iPhone 4 that I got back in November of 2011. My contract was renewed in August but I did not upgrade to the iPhone 4 until November. My question is: I recently obtained an Iphone 5 that I ordered off of eBay. I got through the activation process smoothly but as expected I have no cell service. Can I got to my local AT&T store and have them swap all my info such as my phone number, contacts, etc. from the micro sim in my iPhone 4 to the smaller nano sim in my iPhone 5? What costs will be involved in this procedure as well? Thanks.

The iphone does not store contacts on the sim. The way to transfer all your information from the old iphone is to do a backup, then do a restore on the iphone5 using that backup. You can either backup to your pc or to icloud. As for that nano-sim that came with the iphone5, you need to activate it on your account and that you could do at your locat AT&T store.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Would getting the nano sim activated at my local att store cost anything?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

No, shouldn't cost anything.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

So this wouldn't count as an upgrade?

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

If you bought the phone privately, it's not considered an upgrade.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.