The new iPhone 15
blueberriies's profile

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

Saturday, September 18th, 2010 3:06 AM

iPhone 4 battery draining question?

my iphone 4's battery drains SUPER fast, even when i close all the apps from the multitasking bar, it lasts about 2 hours. it takes about an entire day to charge, and sometimes it stops charging completely. im not sure if its defective or not, and i recently dropped my phone into a lake where it was under water for around 5 minutes, more or less. anyways, the phone works but its not charged atm, and its stuck on the battery screen. any ideas? is it my phone or the chargeR?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

POTENTIAL SOLUTION: I had the same issue and tried everything (turn off notifications, location services, LTE, etc.) and nothing seemed to work. The phone ran very hot the entire time, which means there was some process running.

I finally discovered that I had some old certificates installed that were polling for email continuously. I removed those certificates, reinstalled a new (clean) one, and that did the trick! Hope that helps.

Settings --> General --> Profiles

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

14 years ago

@blueberriies wrote:

my iphone 4's battery drains SUPER fast, even when i close all the apps from the multitasking bar, it lasts about 2 hours. it takes about an entire day to charge, and sometimes it stops charging completely. im not sure if its defective or not, and i recently dropped my phone into a lake where it was under water for around 5 minutes, more or less. anyways, the phone works but its not charged atm, and its stuck on the battery screen. any ideas? is it my phone or the chargeR?

It your phone. You should call in for a replacement or get repair, if under warranty. I'm surpised your phone still works after under water for 5mins

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

14 years ago

Wow, talk about burying the lead!

Your phone is near death. It's going to cost $200 to get it swapped for a new/refurb iPhone4, as water damage isn't considered a manufacturing defect.

Phone under water... not good.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Update: while importing the new certificate did help, THE REAL CULPRIT WAS TURNED OUT TO BE AN OBNOXIOUS RSS FEED that I had subscribed to via Newsify. I subscribe to HBS Blog, which doesn't seem to adversely affect the battery, but the other, which I can't remember, was showing over 100 new updates daily. I unsubscribed from that feed, and everything is working great again. I can get a full day of usage from a single charge. Hope that helps.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.