Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPad Pro wi-fi with cellular voicemail issue in iOS 11

Contributor

iPad Pro wi-fi with cellular voicemail issue in iOS 11

How do I set-up voicemail box on my iPad Pro "wi-fi with cellular" device?  I use Cricket as the service provider, and I already have a phone number assigned to my iPad.  The internet runs just fine, but the voicemail capability is eluding me - no matter how many Apple tutorials I read.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎04-03-2018 3:50 PM

Re: iPad Pro wi-fi with cellular voicemail issue in iOS 11

@Soupy1130: What Apple tutorials? iPads not designed for phone callls, only have Face Time.  You need regular smartphones for visual voicemails.

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Sage

Yeah, I’m marking @MR_SMiT answer correct.   Phones have Voicemail. Tablets do not.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I was beginning to suspect something along that line.  I had thought too, "Why would Apple make smartphones compete with their tablets and conversely."  I went to Cricket to have them provide service to the internet; and, was a little surprised when the clerk assigned me a phone number, mentioned the calling capability, and showed me the screen where the phone icon was there but not lit-up.  Well . . . . . , I thought, "What do I know?"  This was the first tablet I've ever purchased as well as the first Apple product I've had; so, the "learning curve" has been somewhat more of a challenge for me.  At 72, it's always great to learn new things.  Thank you again for helping.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I was beginning to suspect something along that line.  I had thought too, "Why would Apple make smartphones compete with their tablets and conversely."  I went to Cricket to have them provide service to the internet; and, was a little surprised when the clerk assigned me a phone number, mentioned the calling capability, and showed me the screen where the phone icon was there but not lit-up.  Well . . . . . , I thought, "What do I know?"  This was the first tablet I've ever purchased as well as the first Apple product I've had; so, the "learning curve" has been somewhat more of a challenge for me.  At 72, it's always great to learn new things.  Thank you again for helping.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Sage

@Soupy1130

Kudos for the williness to keep learning.  When we stop learning, we might as well climb into a box and close the lid. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Professor

@Soupy1130: You’re very welcome! I also own a iPad Pro with cellular, AT&T assigned a 10 digit number on it, that’s about it. I probaly learn more info about it.😉👍

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support