For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
spa.cemanspiff's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 28th, 2016 2:23 AM

iPad Pro 12.9 - discontinued?

I was toying with ordering a 12.9" iPad Pro in the lead-up to Christmas, and today decided to take the plunge. However it's gone from the online store, and I can't find any information pertanining to if it'll be back in stock.

I rather liked the idea of throwing one on my account and paying in installments, rather than the $1000 or so outright, at once.

Has anyone any firm knowledge of its status here? It remains available on other carriers and at traditional resellers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I spoke to the folks at the AT&T store and they said Apple is no longer sending them the iPads. I was waiting till after Christmas to buy my new iPad. I had just paid off my iPhone on the installment plan. Now I am stuck with an older iPad that may be on its last leg.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@zobecca wrote:

I spoke to the folks at the AT&T store and they said Apple is no longer sending them the iPads. I was waiting till after Christmas to buy my new iPad. I had just paid off my iPhone on the installment plan. Now I am stuck with an older iPad that may be on its last leg.

I heard that Apple has iPads in stock! They sell them too!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@zobecca FYI - Apple released TWO new iPad Pros today!

Click for more info:

Apple Announces New 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro Models With Advanced Displays

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Why would you buy anywhere else but Apple?

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

7 years ago

So it is true that AT&T will not be selling the iPad Pro2 that was announced today and available on the Apple web?

I paid off my 20 installment of my current iPad Pro and now I am stuck with this thing that I thought AT&T would upgrade in one seamless motion like past iPhones and iPads.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@akoxeno wrote:

I paid off my 20 installment of my current iPad Pro and now I am stuck with this thing that I thought AT&T would upgrade in one seamless motion like past iPhones and iPads.

What's with the negative attitude being "stuck" with it? It's an awesome machine, probably the nicest iPad ever, the size of magazines and comic books, it's beautiful and fast. What is WRONG with it that you are so anxious to dump it for a pittance? 

Regardless, it's likely worth more than AT&T's next turn in will get you. I would NOT turn it in to AT&T, I'd pay it off and sell it elsewhere. Unless there is some feature in the new model that came out that I desperately need to blow $1000 on, I'd likely hang onto my hard earned money and get the iPad Pro III when it comes out.

Just out of curiosity did you get it on 24 or 30 payments?

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

7 years ago

This morning I have been told twice by AT&T via chat that I now own the original iPad Pro having paid 20 installments.

I was able to place an order for an iPad Pro2 that will ship June 13.

My options now are to sell the original iPad Pro to AT&T, Apple, or on my own.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Geesh, I would beat the trade in price to get the Pro version.   Im still rocking the Air 2.  

The rule of thumb is every other version, because the changes are generally very small.  Especially between the first pro and second.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@akoxeno wrote:

This morning I have been told twice by AT&T via chat that I now own the original iPad Pro having paid 20 installments.

Not sure why you'd ask twice instead of just checking your bill once. It'd really be worth checking your bill once to verify this information and have it in writing.

I was able to place an order for an iPad Pro2 that will ship June 13.

My options now are to sell the original iPad Pro to AT&T, Apple, or on my own.

Gazelle is doing $305 for the 12.9" 128GB Unlocked (be sure you unlock it!!!).

https://www.gazelle.com/ipad/ipad-pro/ipad-pro/unlocked/ipad-pro-129-128gb-unlocked/496077-gpid

I'm sure you can do better on eBay, but Gazelle is pretty easy to deal with in my experience and it seems like you want to get un-stuck with that crummy iPad in a hurry 😉

Don't wait to start the unlock process. 

Scholar

• 

147 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the link but it now looks like my spouse wants to purchase my original iPad Pro.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.