Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: iOS 9.3 Released

Professor

iOS 9.3 Released

What’s New in iOS 9.3

Night Shift. Apple’s Night Shift feature is system-wide. Night Shift starts adjusting the colors shown on your iPhone or iPad screen “to the warmer end of the spectrum,” cutting down the bright blue light. Night Shift will automatically turn on at your local sunset, and revert to the regular display settings in the morning.

New Quick Actions. iPhone 6s and 6s Plus owners get additional Quick Actions to take advantage of 3D Touch feature.

Notes. Apple’s Notes app lets you set a password or use Touch ID to keep your notes secure.

News. iOS 9.3 makes the News app easier to use. Additions include inline video you can play without leaving your feed, landscape support throughout the iPhone version of the app, and a supposedly better-tailored For You section.

Health. The Health app will help you discover new HealthKit apps to install, adding a side-scrolling list of relevant apps to the bottom of the category pages for Weight, Workouts, and Sleep.

CarPlay. The Apple Music app will finally show the New and For You sections. And the Maps app will finally support the Nearby feature that was added in September. Nearby helps you find businesses in your vicinity by category, like gas, parking, coffee shops, and restaurants.

Education benefits. iOS 9.3 has some features aimed at schools.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Good to know. I'm installing update now. Honestly, I won't be using some of new featues, on my iPhone and iPad.Smiley Wink

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎03-30-2016 10:15 AM

FWIW I also received a Carrier Update from AT&T to 24.1 after the iOS 9.3 update. This is with an iPhone 5s.

Both my iPad 4 and the iPhone 5s updated to iOS 9.3 with no issues.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Master

@SoonerAl wrote:

FWIW I also received a Carrier Update from AT&T to 24.1 after the iOS 9.3 update. This is with an iPhone 5s.

Both my iPad 4 and the iPhone 5s updated to iOS 9.3 with no issues.

My iPhone 6 updated to iOS 9.3 on Monday with no issues, and had Carrier Settings 24.0.  I just double checked and there was a Carrier Settings update that updated me to 24.1 as well.  My iPad Air has Verizon Carrier Settings 24.0, and does not see an update available as of yet.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support