Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 24, 2012
12:38:06 PM
View profile
iMessage
Are you suppose to be able to read text messages sent to iPhone on my iPad? I' ve also tried to send a text from my iPad 2 but when I choose a contact it comes up red and says not registered? What am I doing wrong. As you can see I'm a novice.
Are you suppose to be able to read text messages sent to iPhone on my iPad? I' ve also tried to send a text from my iPad 2 but when I choose a contact it comes up red and says not registered? What am I doing wrong. As you can see I'm a novice.
Accepted Solution

iMessage

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2012 2:47:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think I answered my own question, does the contact have to have the same OS or an iphone? So it doesn't work the same as a text from the iphone cause you can text to any cell from the iphone.

I think I answered my own question, does the contact have to have the same OS or an iphone? So it doesn't work the same as a text from the iphone cause you can text to any cell from the iphone.

Re: iMessage

2 of 4 (2,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 24, 2012 6:48:54 PM
(0)
Guru

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe both iPhones should be running iOS5 and iMessage has to be turned "on" in settings and connected to 3G or wifi.

clhsr wrote:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe both iPhones should be running iOS5 and iMessage has to be turned "on" in settings and connected to 3G or wifi.

clhsr wrote:

Re: iMessage

3 of 4 (2,110 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2012 8:50:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.