Helpful Links

iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan

Scholar

iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan

Does iMessage count against my data plan or my texting plan?

Tags (1)
28,513 Views
Message 1 of 11
Professor

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan

Nope not billed,imessaging is free becuase it requires WiFi to work.

Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan


graphite07 wrote:

Nope not billed,imessaging is free becuase it requires WiFi to work.



Not true, mine works on 3G.

Message 3 of 11
Guru

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan

It works on either wifi or 3G.
Message 4 of 11
Professor

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan


gphipps wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Nope not billed,imessaging is free becuase it requires WiFi to work.



Not true, mine works on 3G.


well if you knew this why ask about billing?  kinda of answered your own questionl

 

Message 5 of 11
Guru

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan

He asked how it was billed not what it works on.
Message 6 of 11
Master

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan


gphipps wrote:

Does iMessage count against my data plan or my texting plan?


If you are on wifi, it is totally free.  If you are on cellular data, it would count against your data plan but I would suspect that its usage is extremely minimal.

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 11
Professor

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan


gphipps wrote:

Does iMessage count against my data plan or my texting plan?


Data (on cellular data) or free on wifi.

 

Not SMS.

Message 8 of 11
Scholar

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan

Thanks for the replies.

 

I realize it probably uses very little data, but I have unlimited SMS and was hoping it billed towards that. Not a big deal for me, but my son and his girlfriend are always texting and both have iPhones. I'll just keep an eye on his data usage for a month or so.

 


 

Message 9 of 11

Re: iMessage - Billed against Data or Text Plan


gphipps wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

 

I realize it probably uses very little data, but I have unlimited SMS and was hoping it billed towards that. Not a big deal for me, but my son and his girlfriend are always texting and both have iPhones. I'll just keep an eye on his data usage for a month or so.

 


 


Yes, do that and also, you can turn-off iMessage in Settings as well.

 

Message 10 of 11
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support