The new iPhone 15
hossdaboss's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, September 24th, 2014 4:30 PM

i phone 6 plus bending

Just curious if anyone has received there 6plus and if they have had an issue with the phone getting bent. I'm reading all over the internet that just from putting the phone in ur pocket its getting bent. It doesnt make sense I can see it happing with force on the phone but n the pocket come on. I haven't received my preorder yet that's why I'm asking cause if this is the case I will cancel

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

It makes so much sense. Your butt would give it enough pressure to bend it. It becomes more obvious when the phone gets bigger. 6+ would stick out from back pocket of your pants anyway. So you have less chance to put that in there. 

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

In the back pocket makes sense but not in the front pocket

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

10 years ago

People say it bends in the front pocket when sitting. Idk why anyone would put a huge phone in a pocket other than a cargo pocket. The 6+ isn't really a pocket phone.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I have the Nokia 1520 6 inch screen now n I have not one problem n i have it n the front pocket all day long

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Aluminum bends with pressure.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

The phone is larger and thinner, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that it would get bent more easily. I have seen iPhone 5's which had gotten bent in people's pockets, so with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus being larger & thinner, it only makes sense that they might bend easier...

I hope that everyone with one of the new phones has Apple Care+ for their phones so that issues like this aren't as expensive as they could be...

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

From what I have read it has been primarily with tighter pants. 

That being said, I am skeptical, I watched a video of a guy bending the 6+ with his bare hands and it took a measurable level of effort. Based on that video, I am not sure that force would be exerted by pants, and you certainly would notice that kind of force and pressure in your pocket before it gets as extreme as the claims. 

Here's the video: 

http://consumerist.com/2014/09/23/watch-a-dude-bend-his-iphone-6-with-his-bare-hands/

I agree with his assement, it is definitely plausible but I hold my skepticism that it happened as the claims state. 

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

@iPhoneSinceDay1 wrote:

I am skeptical, I watched a video of a guy bending the 6+ with his bare hands and it took a measurable level of effort. Based on that video, I am not sure that force would be exerted by pants, and you certainly would notice that kind of force and pressure in your pocket before it gets as extreme as the claims. 

Here's the video: 

http://consumerist.com/2014/09/23/watch-a-dude-bend-his-iphone-6-with-his-bare-hands/

I agree with his assement, it is definitely plausible but I hold my skepticism that it happened as the claims state. 

Bending an object in a few seconds requires much more force than bending something over 18 hours. As to the claim, that "you certainly would notice that kind of force and pressure in your pocket," do you notice said pressure on a wallet?

Also, I have seen one other report of a bent iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm not sure that Apple Care+ would cover a bent phone, if it still works ("coverage only applies to an operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g. drops and liquid contact) that arises from your normal daily usage of the Covered Device as intended for such Covered Device."). 

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

@cousintim wrote:

@iPhoneSinceDay1 wrote:

I am skeptical, I watched a video of a guy bending the 6+ with his bare hands and it took a measurable level of effort. Based on that video, I am not sure that force would be exerted by pants, and you certainly would notice that kind of force and pressure in your pocket before it gets as extreme as the claims. 

Here's the video: 

Bending an object in a few seconds requires much more force than bending something over 18 hours. As to the claim, that "you certainly would notice that kind of force and pressure in your pocket," do you notice said pressure on a wallet?

Also, I have seen one other report of a bent iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm not sure that Apple Care+ would cover a bent phone, if it still works ("coverage only applies to an operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g. drops and liquid contact) that arises from your normal daily usage of the Covered Device as intended for such Covered Device.").

I do occasionally wear skinny jeans so I have some insight and this does affect me. That being said, I can feel my jeans extering force(i.e. pulling the iphone tight to my body) on my iPhone 5 regularly. I would notice if there was a significant level of force in my front pocket on such a large device.

And while I do not regularly feel my wallet, i do feel it, and further back pocket verus front pocket is different. 

I 100% agree that this can happen, I do not believe that it resulted in such horribly noticeable warping. 

We will really have to wait for more reports to really pass judgement. As it stands there are 2 I think.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.