The new iPhone 15
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Friday, January 13th, 2017 10:20 PM

i expect no answers.....but as signal bars go what do you get at HOME iphone 7 plus

dont wanna assume its my SECOND NEW ip7plus issue. what do you get in bar signals at home without chasing a good location. dont care about dbm.its worthless calling for help. whats the norm.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

No more problems than with any other cell phone I've had.  

Probably less than most actually, because the iPhone 7 Plus has access to WiFi Calling and it'll use that if the cell signal gets too low.

@Anonymous Have you activated WiFi Calling on your iPhone 7+?

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

how many bars

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

how many bars 

Sorry!  I generally have 2 or 3 bars. That's when I look at it, it's not something I pay much attention to all the time. 

I've notice sometime that changing WiFi networks sometimes affects my bars and also seems to affect if WiFi calling is on or off.

But turning on Airplane mode and enabling WiFi calling immediately activates WiFi calling. Not sure why they don't have it on all the time.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There is no standard and what someone else gets doesn't mean anything to you. I don't have a 7 but I am on my 4th iPhone (a 6s) and I've never gotten more than 2 bars in my home and then only near a window. I don't believe the 7 is any better reception wise than the 6s, so I would expect the same with a 7.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

thanks.i get 2 or 3, and same with wifi calling. heres the kicker.........when i turn off LTE...i get 5 bars.crazy. i rarely use mobile data/i have comcast.......250 mbps. im trying best settings only for best call quality.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

seems the norm. just want to assure call integrity is leveled up and with best quality wo saying can you hear me now.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks.i get 2 or 3, and same with wifi calling. heres the kicker.........when i turn off LTE...i get 5 bars.crazy. i rarely use mobile data/i have comcast.......250 mbps. im trying best settings only for best call quality.

That's funny, I jump up to 4 bars when I turn off LTE too.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

its my second ip7plus.....first tried att sim and tmobile sim. both failed. now this one is now unlocked using att service, seems to work.mostly.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous Have you enabled WiFi calling???

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

yes, no icon says shows wifi calling enabled. i have non att ip7plus. still same device. other provider had no wifi calling.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.