The new iPhone 15
gl5's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 1:19 AM

how to put multiple phones on my find iphone app

I just recently purchased a iphone 4s and i downloaded the app, find my iphone. i put my phone in it but it says i can put in several decvices. i want to put my kids and husband phone in with it so they are all on my phone to track if lost or stolen . is there a way to do this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

11 years ago

In order to track those iPhones, they must first be linked to your iCloud account, and have the find my iPhone app installed on them.... The dirrections in this link should help you with this. http://gigaom.com/2012/09/28/icloud-101-keep-track-of-your-idevices-with-find-my-iphone/

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

11 years ago

Check out this artitlce: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2697?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

You can setup an icloud account on each device with only the find my iphone active and have their accounts setup for their other items.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

11 years ago

@youngjm wrote:

Check out this artitlce: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2697?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

You can setup an icloud account on each device with only the find my iphone active and have their accounts setup for their other items.

Sounded like the OP wanted to track those phones from her find my iPhone app, in which case they would have to be linked to her iCloud account.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

11 years ago

@irish Rose wrote:

@youngjm wrote:

Sounded like the OP wanted to track those phones from her find my iPhone app, in which case they would have to be linked to her iCloud account.

Yes,  You setup two icloud accounts on the device under "mail........"  One is for the OP's account with all options turned off except for the find my iPhone.  The second account is then linked to the other family members personal iCloud account to sync all the other stuff that is unique per user.  I do this for my family's iphones, ipods, and mac's.

I even have a shared AppleID that we commonly use for iTunes and Appstore so we can share amongst the immediate family.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

As long as you know the iCloud account email and password for the other phones you can use the app to find them. They don't all have to be tied together.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

11 years ago

Very true but it is nice to see everything on one map.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It works with the updated Find my iPhone app.  All devices have to be running the same iOS, and have the same iTunes/iCloud account assigned to them.  Once you go to the app, if the devices are online, you click on the "All Devices" button, and all iDevices using that account are shown on the map.

Then you just have to select the device and go from there.  It is unlimited in the number of devices, but iTunes only allows 5 devices assigned to the same iTunes account.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

11 years ago

@gregzoll_1 wrote:

It works with the updated Find my iPhone app.  All devices have to be running the same iOS, and have the same iTunes/iCloud account assigned to them.  Once you go to the app, if the devices are online, you click on the "All Devices" button, and all iDevices using that account are shown on the map.

Then you just have to select the device and go from there.  It is unlimited in the number of devices, but iTunes only allows 5 devices assigned to the same iTunes account.

You can use one AppleID associated with iTunes and it does not need to be the same ID used for the Find My iPhone iCloud ID.  For example, my wifes iPhone has one ID that we all use for iTunes and the App store.  1 id she uses for her iCloud account; Find my iPhone is turned off.  Another ID is mine that is on her phone for an iCloud account but ONLY the Find My iPhone option is selected.

Employee

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

Hi GL5, Since your inquiring about a 3rd party feature, you will most likely have to contact the manufacturer directly for that feature.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.