Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2011
6:49:40 PM
View profile
how much for family talk in 2 iphones and 2 regular phones cost?
Edited by gd_sd on Jan 16, 2011 at 7:38:57 PM

I am planing to get a $69.99 family talk in 2 iphones date plan ($25+$25) and 2 regular phones ($10+$10)

the price is ($69.99+$25+$25+$10+$10=$140)

But I am asking how much i need to pay for the Tax and other Fee (is there around $45?)

i am in new york city

I am planing to get a $69.99 family talk in 2 iphones date plan ($25+$25) and 2 regular phones ($10+$10)

the price is ($69.99+$25+$25+$10+$10=$140)

But I am asking how much i need to pay for the Tax and other Fee (is there around $45?)

i am in new york city

Accepted Solution

how much for family talk in 2 iphones and 2 regular phones cost?

[ Edited ]
9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 6:52:21 PM
(0)
Professor

Well that would depend on the tax rate in your location.  City, county, and state taxes all could come into play here.

Since you didn't tell us where you are, no one can really answer your question.

Well that would depend on the tax rate in your location.  City, county, and state taxes all could come into play here.

Since you didn't tell us where you are, no one can really answer your question.

Re: how much for family talk in 2 iphones and 2 regular phones cost?

2 of 10 (11,675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 6:58:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm not sure here, but it looks like you missed a $10 fee for the phone line for the second iPhone.  You would have 1 primary phone + 3 additional phones each at $10 plus the 2 data plans...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I'm not sure here, but it looks like you missed a $10 fee for the phone line for the second iPhone.  You would have 1 primary phone + 3 additional phones each at $10 plus the 2 data plans...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: how much for family talk in 2 iphones and 2 regular phones cost?ot sure

3 of 10 (11,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 7:36:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

sorry about that, i am in new york city

sorry about that, i am in new york city

Re: how much for family talk in 2 iphones and 2 regular phones cost?

4 of 10 (11,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 7:38:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

i see the $69.99 family talk is includ 2 lines.

i see the $69.99 family talk is includ 2 lines.

5 of 10 (11,639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 16, 2011 7:39:11 PM
(0)
Master

You can use this to get a general/ballpark idea.  Just put your zip code in here:

http://www.wireless.att.com/customer_service/additional_charges

Question:
How are the taxes and surcharges on my bill determined?Answer:
Taxes and surcharges are applied to your AT&T wireless service based upon rates determined by federal, state, and local laws. These charges are generally applied to recurring monthly charges, local usage, toll usage, and roaming usage. View more information on additional charges by selecting:Additional Charges.

The actual charges will vary, depending upon the particular tax, taxing authority, and the state, city, or county where you reside.

You can use this to get a general/ballpark idea.  Just put your zip code in here:

http://www.wireless.att.com/customer_service/additional_charges

Question:
How are the taxes and surcharges on my bill determined?Answer:
Taxes and surcharges are applied to your AT&T wireless service based upon rates determined by federal, state, and local laws. These charges are generally applied to recurring monthly charges, local usage, toll usage, and roaming usage. View more information on additional charges by selecting:Additional Charges.

The actual charges will vary, depending upon the particular tax, taxing authority, and the state, city, or county where you reside.

6 of 10 (11,637 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2011 7:41:51 PM
(0)
Master

GeekBoy wrote:

I'm not sure here, but it looks like you missed a $10 fee for the phone line for the second iPhone.  

The FamilyTalk plans include the first 2 lines in the price.  It's an extra $9.99 for each of the 3rd-5th lines.

GeekBoy wrote:

I'm not sure here, but it looks like you missed a $10 fee for the phone line for the second iPhone.  

The FamilyTalk plans include the first 2 lines in the price.  It's an extra $9.99 for each of the 3rd-5th lines.

7 of 10 (11,636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 5:19:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I know the wording on the web site is vague at best.  I spoke with a rep in my local corporate AT&T store and one of them had told me that the $9.99 charge was for each additional line on the family plan, and when I still had 2 lines on my family plan, I had to pay that fee.  I can't confirm this now as it has been nearly 2 years since I dropped to only 1 line on my family plan.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

I know the wording on the web site is vague at best.  I spoke with a rep in my local corporate AT&T store and one of them had told me that the $9.99 charge was for each additional line on the family plan, and when I still had 2 lines on my family plan, I had to pay that fee.  I can't confirm this now as it has been nearly 2 years since I dropped to only 1 line on my family plan.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 10 (11,574 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 5:44:20 AM
(0)
Master

The price on the ATT's FamilyPlan page shows the price for the first two lines.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/family-cell-phone-plans.jsp

Now when you look at your bill it going to break down that price into two charges.  For instance I have the $89.99 FamilyTalk 1400 plan and that price is for both the lines I have on my account right now.  However when I go to my bill it shows the first line at $80 and the second line at $9.99 which gives me the $89.99 that is listed on ATT's plan page.

In the second column for the price it clearly shows the price is for the first 2 lines.

The price on the ATT's FamilyPlan page shows the price for the first two lines.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/family-cell-phone-plans.jsp

Now when you look at your bill it going to break down that price into two charges.  For instance I have the $89.99 FamilyTalk 1400 plan and that price is for both the lines I have on my account right now.  However when I go to my bill it shows the first line at $80 and the second line at $9.99 which gives me the $89.99 that is listed on ATT's plan page.

In the second column for the price it clearly shows the price is for the first 2 lines.

9 of 10 (11,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2016 8:57:23 PM
(0)
Contributor
Well if you use them I can't imagine what 4 phones would cost my bill is anywhere from 250-330 and we only have 2 iPhones
Well if you use them I can't imagine what 4 phones would cost my bill is anywhere from 250-330 and we only have 2 iPhones

10 of 10 (104 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments