For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
dreamweaver9's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 9th, 2015 8:09 AM

how can you know if spyware is being used on your #, how can you protect yourself?

I believe that My phone account/number is being accessed and spied on. Because of a romantic relationship I was involved in I ended up in a bizarre situation. My ex's ex girlfriend seems to know waaayyyy too much personal info, i believe that she managed to put spyware on my phone. i have a new phone, but its the same number on the same account. My last iphone 4s was given to me by a mutual friend, i transferred everything to my new iphone 4s without thinking that maybe when i transferred all my stuff a spyware whatever may have been transferred too? She is pretty computer savvy, I, not so much.... I know she knows how to send texts to people and make them appear to be coming from any phone number, basically im afraid she can access most of everything i have, plus pretend to be me.any and all advice, knowledge and ideas would be really appreciated. this woman is very dangerous, and i am in serious need of help.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

run lookout security on the device and see if malware was installed.  The chances of here cloning your imei and using your number are very slim because that tech is expensive and hard to get.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

It is very unlikely that anyone was able to put spyware on your iphone. The only way to install software on an iphone without going through the Apple app store is if your phone is jailbroken and I'm pretty sure there are no spyware programs available on the app store. The most likely explanation is your ex has access to the Apple ID you are using and is receiving all of your imessages. If that is the case, a couple things you can do is change the password on your Apple ID and turn imessaging off.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Totally agree with the commenter above me. It is not possible to install a spyware without jailbreak into iPhone devices. You should change your iCloud password to make the security more strong and protect your data.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.