help my iphone 5 was stolen

Teacher

help my iphone 5 was stolen

i have the insurance that i pay 10$ a month how much will it cost to replace it?

Message 1 of 23 (25,279 Views)
Expert

Re: help my iphone 5 was stolen

dwill05 wrote:
Just a thought, but isn't there some documentation somewhere that explains exactly what the $10 a month insurance you bought will pay to replace a lost or stolen phone? Shouldn't that be reviewed instead of looking through conflicting answers on an Internet forum? You'll probably need the documentation to know how to file a claim anyway.

Yes in multiple places

for the basic insurance

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/services/mobileinsurance-sku1040075.html#fbid=ORzsZynQivf

for the higher cost protection pack

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/services/mobile-protection-pack-sku5370279.html#fbid=ORzsZynQivf

Message 16 of 23 (24,948 Views)
Teacher

just to make things clear it will cost me 200$ for another one?
Message 17 of 23 (24,911 Views)
ACE - Expert

Yes, the deductible is $199. That is what you pay.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 23 (24,894 Views)
Contributor

My phone was stolen, At&T will not allow me to replace phone unless it is my scheduled upgrade date; unfortunately that is not for another 11 months.  Is my only option to leave AT&T as customer (>10yrs) in-order to replace my I5?  

Message 19 of 23 (18,003 Views)
ACE - Expert

Since you didn't have insurance, your choice is to pay full unsubsidized price, find one on sale on ebay, craigslist, or reseller or wait. You received a subsidized phone in exchange for a 2 year contract, so you are out of luck with AT&T. Only other hope would be an early upgrade, but that is subsidized cost + $250.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 23 (17,988 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

please help find my phone it was stolen please help me i didnt have find my phone app

Message 21 of 23 (16,422 Views)
Scholar

U B out of luck, I think
Message 22 of 23 (16,415 Views)
Contributor

contact at&t they can look up the serial number. they will put it on a blocked list. If someone were to try and use it with other phone companies they will be disconnected and notified they are using a stolen phone. and try to recover it for you.

Message 23 of 23 (16,311 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.