help my iphone 5 was stolen

Teacher

help my iphone 5 was stolen

i have the insurance that i pay 10$ a month how much will it cost to replace it?

Message 1 of 23
Expert

Re: help my iphone 5 was stolen

thebeast480 wrote:

so i deduct 200$ from 800$ which is 600$ when my first one cost me 400$? im canceling it

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

You deduct nothing, if you are paying for a asurion policy you need to go to their website and file a claim, read and follow the insructions exactly as stated, the deductable for a smartphone is 199.00 - this means that is what your out of pocket cost is.

If you have some other form of insurance then you need to check their requirements

Message 11 of 23
Teacher

so your saying thats all i have tom pay 200$? for my 64gb iphone 5? if so ill buy it back
Message 12 of 23
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:
Sorry but none of the top 3 carriers takes pity on you and reduces the cost of a replacement phone

AT&T most certainly may adjust the price of a replacement phone.  It's not common but I know of a specific case when it did.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 23
Highlighted
Professor

Just a thought, but isn't there some documentation somewhere that explains exactly what the $10 a month insurance you bought will pay to replace a lost or stolen phone? Shouldn't that be reviewed instead of looking through conflicting answers on an Internet forum? You'll probably need the documentation to know how to file a claim anyway.
Message 14 of 23
Expert

cousintim wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:
Sorry but none of the top 3 carriers takes pity on you and reduces the cost of a replacement phone

AT&T most certainly may adjust the price of a replacement phone.  It's not common but I know of a specific case when it did.

Not common is the understatment of the millinieum

Message 15 of 23
Expert

dwill05 wrote:
Just a thought, but isn't there some documentation somewhere that explains exactly what the $10 a month insurance you bought will pay to replace a lost or stolen phone? Shouldn't that be reviewed instead of looking through conflicting answers on an Internet forum? You'll probably need the documentation to know how to file a claim anyway.

Yes in multiple places

for the basic insurance

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/services/mobileinsurance-sku1040075.html#fbid=ORzsZynQivf

for the higher cost protection pack

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/services/mobile-protection-pack-sku5370279.html#fbid=ORzsZynQivf

Message 16 of 23
Teacher

just to make things clear it will cost me 200$ for another one?
Message 17 of 23
ACE - Expert

Yes, the deductible is $199. That is what you pay.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 23
Contributor

My phone was stolen, At&T will not allow me to replace phone unless it is my scheduled upgrade date; unfortunately that is not for another 11 months.  Is my only option to leave AT&T as customer (>10yrs) in-order to replace my I5?  

Message 19 of 23
ACE - Expert

Since you didn't have insurance, your choice is to pay full unsubsidized price, find one on sale on ebay, craigslist, or reseller or wait. You received a subsidized phone in exchange for a 2 year contract, so you are out of luck with AT&T. Only other hope would be an early upgrade, but that is subsidized cost + $250.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 20 of 23
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support