The new iPhone 15
thebeast480's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Friday, March 15th, 2013 9:14 PM

help my iphone 5 was stolen

i have the insurance that i pay 10$ a month how much will it cost to replace it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@thebeast480 wrote:
protection plan u all i know and thats more than i paid for my first on. Mine was the 64gb one. i would raher cancel the plan and make a new one.

the 64GB new / upgrade price is 399.00 to get one without upgrade ability is 899.00

to cancel your plan you will only what ever your etf is (325.00 - 10.00 * number of billing cycles completed) + the final bill that is not pro-rated, you will lose your number and I believe ther is a 60 - 90 day cooling off period before you can start a new account.

The deduction for the phone is 199.00 from the insurance company,lot less they you would have to pay to do what you want ot.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@thebeast480 wrote:

i have the insurance that i pay 10$ a month how much will it cost to replace it?

if it is asurion the deductable for a smartphone is 199.00

you file a claim here - http://www.asurion.com/

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

At least $649 (minus your insurance settlement), unless AT&T takes pity on you.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

no way 649! im so pisssed if i have to pay that i would much rather hunt him down.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@thebeast480 wrote:

no way 649! im so pisssed if i have to pay that i would much rather hunt him down.

what exact insurance are you paying for?

If it is asurion through att you will only pay the published deductable of 199.00. Sorry but none of the top 3 carriers takes pity on you and reduces the cost of a replacement phone

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

protection plan u all i know and thats more than i paid for my first on. Mine was the 64gb one. i would raher cancel the plan and make a new one.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

I keep FIND MY PHONE turned on in settings on all my devices and if I can get to a computer will send out the wipe command before they get a new sim in it.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 years ago

without the insurance, the replacement cost is around $600 - $800 (depending on model) unless you are upgrade eligible.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

so i deduct 200$ from 800$ which is 600$ when my first one cost me 400$? im canceling it

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@thebeast480 wrote:

so i deduct 200$ from 800$ which is 600$ when my first one cost me 400$? im canceling it

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

You deduct nothing, if you are paying for a asurion policy you need to go to their website and file a claim, read and follow the insructions exactly as stated, the deductable for a smartphone is 199.00 - this means that is what your out of pocket cost is.

If you have some other form of insurance then you need to check their requirements

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.