For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

Purchased an iphone,but att.com said it is not att device,who can help me check it?IMEI:356599080078612

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@cwj_2808262  

https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/ATT-iphone-se-is-not-Att-phone-Why/m-p/5219078#M277127

Really?  Shopping for another answer because you didn't like the one you got?   Isn't going to change the answer.  ATT closed the loop hole. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information] How i can unlock this device?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

IMEI: ***
Request number: ***

Hi, SCENT.
Thank you for contacting about unlocking your Apple iPhone 6 A1549 device.

We're unable to approve your request because the IMEI number provided doesn't match a device that's currently on the AT&T network.

To make sure you have the correct information, recheck the IMEI number by dialing *#06# or check the device settings.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

If you purchased new, as a prepaid phone, it isn't registered in the system until used on ATT and is locked until used for 6 months of service.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am trying to unlock a first generation iPhone 2G on the AT&T Unlock Device Portal but I can not get past the first step as the IMEI is not recognized (" The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless or tablet"). I need help and directions!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Why is AT&T Cellular holding subscribers phones hostage? I had a small balance and paid it off  on Friday. It is now Monday and why is my phone locked and 3 days later am being told we are still working on it? I have made several calls to so called "customer service" and they state they cannot help, it has to be done online! Really? This should be criminal. You are only holding the phone up because everyday you hold it up, it is  more $ in your pocket. Multiply this by thousands and you make quite a bit of money with the racket. Listen, it takes a key stroke to unlock a phone. I have no contract, owe you nothing. Give me my phone so I can take my service elsewhere. You don't deserve a customer who pays their bill on time for 3 years ongoing. This is big business taking advantage of the consumer. I am also filing a complaint with the FTC and Attorney General of the State of Florida.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi, I'm trying to use an At&t iPhone for another carrier but in order to unlock it I need to provide the IMEI number but I keep getting the following message :The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet. Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06#.

Please Help

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Rob 

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Usually, when you get that error, the phone has never been used on the AT&T network and AT&T has no record of the IMEI. You can private message @ATTMobilityCare with your contact information and concern and they may be able to help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.