Helpful Links

exchange new 4S for a 5

Highlighted
Contributor

exchange new 4S for a 5

I bought a 4S couple days ago not knowing the pre-order for the 5 was coming out today!! Will i be able to exchange my phone? I would have to pay for the fee but is there anythine else to it?
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
Professor

Re: exchange new 4S for a 5

AT&T does do trade-ins, but you would have to pay any difference though, and it will most likely be sold out, so you might have to wait a bit before you get yours
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Expert

smooth4lyfe wrote:
AT&T does do trade-ins, but you would have to pay any difference though, and it will most likely be sold out, so you might have to wait a bit before you get yours

the phone may not be avaialble within the 30 day window - if the phone does not become generally available until after the buyers remorse period is done, they will not exchange it.

If you are that set on a 5, then would sugest you retrun the 4 and go back to your old phone on the buyers remorse, let everything reset and get the new 5 when it is generally available. Heard that the orders are already on 2 week back order

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Alright! Thanks Guys!!
Just as long i have 30 days to exchange then im good. Im fine paying the fee. I havent opened the headphone n charger packaging so im good on that. All i would have to do is reset everything. im going out of town n wont be back until early october. Hopefully the iphone 5 hype would die down so i dont have to wait for it. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Message 4 of 6
Scholar

Have you been living in an isolation chamber for the past month? How is it even possible to not know the iPhone 5 was coming?

Message 5 of 6
Expert

Beverly027 wrote:
Alright! Thanks Guys!!
Just as long i have 30 days to exchange then im good. Im fine paying the fee. I havent opened the headphone n charger packaging so im good on that. All i would have to do is reset everything. im going out of town n wont be back until early october. Hopefully the iphone 5 hype would die down so i dont have to wait for it. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

you are booking on a lot the phone being available within 30 days where you purchased it, last I saw was the back order for pre-orders is 2 - 3 weeks, if you bet wrong you are stuck with the crrent phone, 30 days is the time limit

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support