Explore & discover

Helpful Links

eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

I have an AT&T nano-SIM card and another nano-SIM card with Chinese carrier. I learned that the unlocked iphone Xs MAX can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM working together. But the Chinese carrier didn't support eSIM. So I want to transform my AT&T nano-SIM card into eSIM so that my two phone number can both work on the iphone. How can I change my AT&T nano-SIM card to eSIM?

Message 2 of 184
Contributor

Re: eSIM for iPhone Xs MAX

No one has a clue how to activate the eSIM. Or even if SIM1 or SIM2 is the esim. 

Message 21 of 184
ACE - Sage

@Chrisa555

Thats because they cannot be used/activated yet.  Once Apple allows it, instructions will be passed around. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 184
ACE - Professor

Read an article that Deutsche Telekom users on IOS 12.1 beta 1 have been able to activate it. See link below

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/26/ios-12-1-beta-1-esim-functionality/#disqus_thread

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 23 of 184
Contributor

Dual SIM Support

Does AT&T offer Dual SIM support right now, or will it be later after the official release of iOS 12.1?

Message 24 of 184
ACE - Sage

Re: Dual SIM Support

Apple has not updated software to allow the eSim to function.  When they do, it would be possible to use both Sims

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 25 of 184
ACE - Expert

Re: Dual SIM Support

No us carrier is ready yet.

Message 26 of 184
Contributor

Re: Iphone new dual sim model

It’s available in iOS 12.1 beta, apple has done its part is att ready?

Message 27 of 184
ACE - Expert

Re: Iphone new dual sim model

No us carrier has.  I don't think you will see the us carriers do a thing till they officially release it.  A beta is just that a beta.  They add and remove features from betas all the time group FaceTime is a example of that.

Message 28 of 184

eSIM for iPhone Xs MAX

Hello, I have an iPhone XS Max with iOS 10.2 that supports eSIM.

ATT postpaid account. I called Att the rep was going over the activation the call got disconnected, then I called a few times and they say it not supported yet. 

Can someone confirms if Att is currently supporting eSIM for iPhone? If so, how can it be configured? 

Thanks.

Message 29 of 184
ACE - Expert

No....  Apple has it in beta only. It's not official or rolled out.  No us carriers are supporting it yet.  

Message 30 of 184
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support