The new iPhone 15
pinknikkij's profile

Scholar

• 

139 Messages

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 4:50 AM

credit auth and shipping

Spoke with apple but they seemed a little unsure. They auth full amont of pre-order after first auth $1 (my credit union called to make sure charge was valid). Should I worry about them trying to auth that same full amount upon shipping? Or will they just put through the auth they already have? What is your experience?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

475 Messages

12 years ago

The pre authorization is just to make sure it is a valid card. the pre auth will drop off in a day or two and the the charge will reappear when the phone ships.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

I have the same thing from ATT. An auth for $1 and 1 for $199. I wouldn't worry about it. I had planned to order from Apple and set up an acct the night before and entered my cc. I was never able to order thru them and had to order thru ATT but Apple put a $1 auth on my card that night when I entered the number. The $1 charge is just to make sure the card is valid. It should not post twice. Even if it did and you had trouble with Apple correcting it, you could file a dispute saying it was a duplicate and your cc co will remove it while they investigate.

Scholar

• 

139 Messages

12 years ago

Thats not it, my concern is that there is not enough room on the card to charge 318 twice.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

@pinknikkij wrote:

Thats not it, my concern is that there is not enough room on the card to charge 318 twice.

Oh, I get it now. I've never had it happen that an authorization was done twice but I guess it is a possibility. Are you able to pay some of the balance down to make sure there is enouhg available just in case?

Scholar

• 

139 Messages

12 years ago

Pre-auth will fall off on Tuesday according to my credit union but the phone may ship monday. I'm worried they won't use the same authorization they have. There's no way to pay down balance before Monday because of when payments post (it's a CU not a bank so weekend posting).

Scholar

• 

139 Messages

12 years ago

It now says "Preparing for shipment" , does that mean I'm safe?

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

12 years ago

@pinknikkij wrote:

You manage your credit much differently than I do.

Scholar

• 

139 Messages

12 years ago

I have other cc with high available credit, I used a low credit limit card so that this was the only thing on there, I assure you I manage my credit very well. Pay my credit off monthly and dont carry balances. Don't assume things.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

12 years ago

@pinknikkij wrote:
 I assure you I manage my credit very well.

It seems we define "very well" quite differently.

@pinknikkij wrote:
Don't assume things.

I made no assumptions.  My statement was based on the fact, since confirmed, that you charged your purchase on a card with very little available credit.

Scholar

• 

139 Messages

12 years ago

I could get in a match about whO has a better credit score, but seeing as how you know nothing about me nor can draw any conclusions from any one thing. I'll let you go about ur day and I'll not waste my time on you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.