For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
bassbass63's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 1:58 PM

cell phone booster

I am building a home in a metal pole barn, and the metal blocks my cell signal. I am looking to purchase a cell phone signal booster for my Apple IPhone, but I am not sure what Mhz i need to get.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@bassbass63 - please read my Cellular Booster Guide (link is in my sig line) that @lizdance40 referred to. It will give you all the information you need on operational, installation, theory, and mfrs.  Basically you need to put an antenna outside on the roof, if you can get at least one to two bars of signal strength, and then run a cable inside to carefully placed receivers depending on the layout and size of your home. Being as you will be in an a "metal" home the construction may act as a Faraday cage so you will need to discuss this with whichever mfr you go with. You can do a DIY install but having someone come out and do signal measurements with the correct instruments may be worth it.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Will you have internet service in the home? If so, just use WiFi calling. No booster needed. I’m no expert on boosters  but I would think they all cover all cellular frequencies.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

No, I currently use the hot spot for my internet.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@bassbass63

Any booster sold for the US with 3G and LTE will work.  Start with the Weboost website and then read @OttoPylot booster guide.

https://forums.att.com/cng/attachments/cng/3gmicrocell/14725/27/Cellular%20Booster%20Guide%20-%20v1.3.pdf

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank You

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.