The new iPhone 15
Jmara67's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 8:24 PM

can receive but not send texts iphone

I have an iphone 3G and I am occasionally having trouble sending texts to certain phones ( not sure if it is related only to certain other carriers?). For example, I can receive a text message from certain people, but when I try to reply to them, I immediately get a text message back from phone number 1121611611 which says "Error Invalid Number. Please resend using  a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code." followed immediately by the words I tried to text. This only happens with certain people's phones; most of the time I don't have a problem receiving or sending texts.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

15 years ago

Try some of these steps since it sounds like a setting may be messed up.

1. Reboot your iPhone - Hold the on/off switch and home key for 8 to 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.

2. Call ATT and make sure your account is setup correctly - They may be able to resend some settings to your phone.

3. If the problem persists, restore your iPhone in itunes.

4. If the problem still persists, restore your iPhone in iTunes but do not restore the backup (A bad setting may be saved in your backup)

5 You may need to make an appointment at your local Apple store and have the Genius Bar look at your iPhone.

Good Luck!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Restoring the phone without saving the backup took care of the problem, thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

I tried it all but it still will not work with a verizon number. The problem seems to be that it injects a 1 in front of the number. Is there anyway to stop that?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.