For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
vivakaylynn's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 6:53 PM

about termination fee!

Now I have iphone4s with 2 year contract until Oct 2013, and I just got galaxy s4 from my friend, so I added a line to use it, but I am paying over 140 dollars per month. So I want to cancel iphone 4s, but october is still a few months away, so if I want to stop using iphone, how much I have to pay? and if I pay termination fee, is AT&T going to unlock my iphone? bcuz I want to send it to my mom!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@vivakaylynn wrote:

Now I have iphone4s with 2 year contract until Oct 2013, and I just got galaxy s4 from my friend, so I added a line to use it, but I am paying over 140 dollars per month. So I want to cancel iphone 4s, but october is still a few months away, so if I want to stop using iphone, how much I have to pay? and if I pay termination fee, is AT&T going to unlock my iphone? bcuz I want to send it to my mom!

You did not need to add a line to use the galaxy s4. Even under contract, you are allowed to switch to a different phone. If the line you just added is not under contract, I suggest you cancel it and just switch phones on your line that is under contract. If you decide to keep that new line and cancel the one the iphone is on, the termination fee for a smartphone is $325 minus $10 for each full month of completed Service Commitment.

As for unlocking the iphone4s, it will be eligible once the termination fee is paid or if you decide to just switch phones, it will be eligible when the contract expries in October.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.