The new iPhone 15
Cesar0905's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 26th, 2017 9:28 PM

Your phone can't be unlocked now because installment payments have not been payed

I have recently bought an iPhone from someone off of a shopping app. They told me that the phone was payed off the day before I had bought it and told me to wait at least 24 hours to put in a request. It has been that long already and I keep getting that message when I put in a request for the phone. Is it something to do with the processing time of the network, or has this person legitimately sold me an unpaid phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

If they just paid it off, even though the website says to wait a day before requesting an unlock, it takes at least a week and could take longer for the unlock portal to update. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to find out if they really did pay it off. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Cesar0905 If you paid a great price for it, odds are they lied...

Which app? Does it offer you any protection?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I bought it from an app called offer up. I checked the person's account and he looked to be legit. He was one of the apps trusted members and when we met up he was pretty straight forward. We also exchanged contact info in case any problems arose.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

So it is possible that the unlock portal just takes longer than expected to process phone pay offs?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, very possible and even probable. If the seller really paid it off, wait a week and put the request in again.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Cesar0905When people say they've paid it off, if they just bought a new phone sometimes it delays the unlock two weeks. Because they could technically take back the new phone and they'd still owe on the old phone. 

Yes, I know this isn't that case so the math doesn't work out. BUT I've seen people do this on their own and have two weeks when it magically works more than a few times. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.