The new iPhone 15
SLIKRICK's profile

Professor

• 

2K Messages

Tuesday, July 5th, 2011 12:34 AM

YouTube a no-go on Safari

Anybody else experience this? Sometimes it's just more convenient to go straight to the YouTube site when I'm already on Safari. But lately I've noticed that the site won't even load; just a blank page shows, and it won't go any further. Loading from the YouTube app works fine.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Try clearing you Safari cache  Settings>Safari>Clear Cache.  I have see something like this before and that will do the trick for me....  Clearing history is not bad either.  You may also want to clear the cookies.  I have done that too......

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

13 years ago

That's because Safari on the iPhone (and iPad) doesn't support Flash. They never have, and probably as long as Steve Jobs is alive, never will. The Youtube App works because they access versions of the videos converted to work on iOS devices.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

I understand that side of things. I'm not talking about a video not playing on the site. What I'm noticing now is that the site won't load, at all.

For the last couple of years since I've had an iPhone I've bee able to pull up the YouTube site on the iPhone and it would just load, no problem. Now, when I type in www.YouTube.com, the page never loads. I just get a blank screen. This never happened before.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

13 years ago

You should try clearing your history... www.youtoube.com should redirect to m.youtube.com - which loads correctly (I'm looking at it now on my iPhone4)

In safari, tap the bookmark icon on the bottom, tap History, then Clear.

Or, restart your phone.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

Ok. I tried restarting a couple of times. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

I tried, but no luck. It's the weirdest thing, too, because all other sites load with no problem.

Here's a screenshot of the page after it (non) loads:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l133/rayhend/5bfcc2bc.jpg

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks, YoungJM! Worked like a charm. This probably doesn't seem like a big deal, considering we have the YouTube app. But its just so convenient for me to be able to do it this way also. Again, thanks for your help, as always! And thanks, dwill05 and johninsj for your help and suggestions also!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.