The new iPhone 15
skent14's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 17th, 2014 2:13 PM

AT&T text messages are not sending

Even though I have 3 bars of service my iphone won't send imessages or regular text messages. The phone is not on airplane mode and I have tried restarting the phone as well. Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having problem sending text to one of my friend, and it's international, icould send text trough imessage, but regular text she can't recieved anything. a and both of us has iphone, but any other number i could send text message no problem even international. need help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have an Iphone 7 Plus with AT&T. From the day I got it at launch, sending text messages has been intermittent. I don't use IMessage so it isn't related to that. I have had every Iphone from the first, and always AT&T, and never once didn't have a text fail to go. Now 25% of the time, it hangs for a few seconds then says "Failed to Send" and the submenu pops up on the bottom asking if I want to Try Again. Most of the time it goes thru then, sometimes it akes 3 or 4 tries.

I have reset the phone, the network/carrier settings.

It is some odd situation to do with the Iphone 7 Plus/AT&T/ latest IOS

Any ideas or help?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Score. You solved my problem with the plus sign at the beginning of the number.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

This was a big help, thank you!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

THIS HAS NOT BEEN "SOLVED"

AT&T wants to ignore the fact that they have a serious problem handling our calls and texts.  I have had this problem intermittenly for some time.  I have changed NOTHING on my phone since last night when I could not send a text to two different people.  One was my Wife, sitting next to me with her Verizon Samsung S3 and the other was to someone in NJ (I am in FL).    This morning I was sitting in the same chair and same house and both text messages were sent with no problem.   

My Wife is on Verizon and I am with AT&T and I think it is possible that it is the inability to hand off betwen the two providers that causes the problem.  When my Wife had the same problem with her phone sending to Me and to my Son, who is also with AT&T, we spent several hours with Verizon where they traced the calls and insisted that the problem was with AT&T and not them.   I spent some time with AT&T, as have many of you and they deny the problem is on their end.   This baloney about resetting phones and changing settings has no meaning when sending the text (or even calls at times) is unrelated to anything to do with your phone.   Yes, it may solve it for some but the majority of those having problems are a result of "Carrier Failure" to properly hand off calls.   If Customer Care was interested in the customer, it would get on the backs of its engineers and IT people to get the problem "properly diagnosed" (listen to what the customers are saying) and FIX IT.   If your phone works one day and not the next AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED it is them and NOT US.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

As I gain experience with the texting issue, evidence is building that the problem may include equipment manufacturers.

For example:

Texting between my I-phone 6s with ATT service and a Samsung? with Verizon service will not share embedded photos sent from either phone otherwise text works well.

Texting between my I-phone 6S with ATT service works well when testing to a German I-phone 6 unknown service provider. My 6S Att service does not text well with an I-phone 4 and unknown German service provider. No success at all between any non I-phone and any German service provider.

So I ask - Given:

I can text between my ATT and various US based service providers (but photos only between AAT & I-Phones)

I can text with I-phone6S & ATT service with I-phone 6 German service

Cannot text with I-phone & ATT service and I-phone 4 German service provider or any other make of phone with German service provider,

Is the texting problem related to interaction of various service providers and/or interaction of equipment technology?

If there is a Yes response to to either and/or it should be considered unacceptable.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same problem you have as it might be the service on the left corner that tells if good or low.
I guess as my daughter told me

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ldicapua178 Have you tried disabling "Advanced Messaging" (i.e. messaging over LTE/WiFi), and seeing if it works?

This uses some additional protocols, and as we've seen many times here, it's a bit on the buggy side, unfortunately.  

I'd give this a test, and let us know?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

You can hit the paperclip and send a pic with it thus turning your sms to mms and send it that way. Very annoying though I know!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My phone and wife's phone cannot received and send text messages.So we just call each other.But we can received and send text to others.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.