Wireless Printing

Contributor

Wireless Printing

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I have a HP 309a Photosmart printer connected wirelessly to my home network (wireless router with cabled connection to computer) and my IPhone 4 is not finding the printer.  Any suggestions on what I need to do to accomplish printing from my IPhone?

Message 1 of 5
Mentor

Re: Wireless Printing

Seems like your printer does not support Airprint. Read more on AirPrint here.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Professor

For unsupported printers, you may be able to work around it with software running on a PC/Mac or Linux box

This talks about Windows (and links to the Mac workaround)

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20023976-233.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thanks a lot. Took a little doing but the link you sent me to did the trick. Is printing nicely!

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Scholar

I discovered Print Magic in the App Store. I have two HP printers on an Ethernet connection to my router, and this application prints seamlessly to both. The app is not expensive ($2.99) and you can buy an in-app add on for PDF files ($1.99).

There is a free app-Printer Test for Print Magic-that lets you test whether Print Magic works with your printer.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support