The new iPhone 15
remylayne's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 8:06 PM

Will setting up the Personal WiFi Hotspot use my data?

I am on the 4gb data plan and have the iPhone 4S. Using AT&T hotspots are super slow and my phone is rarely able to connect to them...so if I use my phone as a personal hotspot for my laptop, will it count as data useage on my account?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have the 15GB shared data plan, will using my iphone4 as a hotspot use any more data than if I were to use my air card?

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

@Erose3 wrote:
I have the 15GB shared data plan, will using my iphone4 as a hotspot use any more data than if I were to use my air card?

Hard to say.  IF you use the iPhone as the hotspot, the phone will use whatever data the phone uses for the functions it's running in addition to what's connected via it's hotspot.  Your ai rcard uses whatever data the device connected to it uses.

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

Best way to know if your using your data plan is look at the top left of your phone if it displays anything other than the wi-fi signal you are using your allotted data and remember if the wi-fi signal is to weak it will then revert to 3G/4G unless you have cellular turned off.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have an unlimited plan and am only on the network while at work. I would like to set up Personal WiFi just to download my music from the Amazon Cloud to my Kindle so I can listen to my music at work right now. Can I do that?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

At this time, AT&T does not allow you to setup the Personal Hot Spot feature if you have the unlimited data plans.  Those plans are old and outdated, and have not been updated to allow the newer features such as Personal Hotspot.  If you want to use the Personal Hotspot, consider migrating to one of the new Mobile Share Value Plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your quick response to my question.  Guess I'll remember to download my music from the Cloud to my Kindle before I leave the house tomorrow morning.  :-}

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Pbh95 wrote:

Thanks for your quick response to my question.  Guess I'll remember to download my music from the Cloud to my Kindle before I leave the house tomorrow morning.  :-}

Since you asked this on the Apple forum, I presume you have an iPhone so I'm just curious, why not just download the music to the iPhone and play it from there? That's how I play all my music. Why download to the Kindle? Even if you are talking about the Amazon cloud, you can still download that music directly to the iPhone or stream it from the cloud. You just need the cloud player app.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Will it be bad

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Jarcar123456

Rather than guessingwhat you might be asking,  would you please write a question as a complete thought.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How much data would i use if i streamed t.v. using my phone (optimus lg ) watching t.v. 20 hours a day?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.