The new iPhone 15
DebbieKat's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, December 11th, 2011 11:46 PM

WiFi problems

I was noticing that my wifi fades in and out on my iphone4S while I'm at home. I tried to reset my network information and now it won't let me connect to my network at all. I know I'm entering the right password. How can I get connected now?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

Have you tried power cycling your router and iPhone? Leave your router off for at least 1 minute before turning it back on. To power cycle your iPhone hold down both the home and power buttons (at the same time) until you see the Apple logo. It will take about 10 secs for the logo to appear and then release the buttons.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

@DebbieKat wrote:

I was noticing that my wifi fades in and out on my iphone4S while I'm at home. I tried to reset my network information and now it won't let me connect to my network at all. I know I'm entering the right password. How can I get connected now?

This happened to me a couple weeks ago with my iPhone 3GS. It just refused to connect to my home network when I tried entering the correct password over and over and over again. Eventually, I believe it was the router that needed to be power cycled. My phone connects just fine, now.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I finally got it to accept the connection but it is still fading in and out. Why is it doing this? It won't let me successfully do a backup to the icloud because of this fading in and out thing. My network router is fine and I don't experience this issue with any other devices.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I had to power cycle my phone the other day because it was behaving strangely, but I did it again last night when I was testing out the network connection reset and it didn't help. I will try power cycling the router next. Thanks!

I'm also finding that it doesn't keep my iTunes Homeshare either. It keeps fading in and out from being on the list when I click on the music app. Very annoying. Let me see if the router restart helps that too.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks brainwaver and Wild Banchi! I think that did the trick! 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Awesome! You're welcome! 🙂

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

Glad to hear it worked! You are very welcome!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.