Explore & discover

Helpful Links

WiFi Calling Not Working

Tutor

WiFi Calling Not Working

Trying to set up WiFi enabled calling on my iPhone.  Address is not recognized since it is a new development, although it is in the USPS directory.  The only thing missing is the extension on the zip code which cannot be input.  I have reset my WiFi connection and it still does not work.  Now what?  Reception at my home is terrible and I pay too much $$ to ATT to have these issues.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: WiFi Calling Not Working

The Wi-Fi calling setting verifies your address with the national 911 emergency database. If your address isn't in the database, it's not AT&T's fault. Like you said, it sounds like it's a new address which the database hasn't updated with yet.

Honestly, that address is only used in the unlikely event where you need to call 911 and you can't physically tell them where you are, so the operator has to pull your location from the emergency location settings. Just put in a nearby address that does work so you can start using Wi-Fi calling. When the database gets updated, you'll be able to update the address to the right one.

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Sage

Ditto @QuarryRye suggestion.  Connect to a working Wifi and enter established address .  Just know you will have to verbally provide the address.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Tutor

I did a nearby address and that worked.  I'll have to remember to change the address at a future time.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support