Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 14, 2011
7:50:38 AM
View profile
Wi-Fi usage overseas

I have a friend that will be travelling overseas for 2 weeks and I am pretty sure that her wi-fi will be totally free, but wanted to make sure.  She does not want any roaming charges as she is not going to use the phone itself for calls or texts.  So if she just uses wi-fi it will not incur any charges correct???

I have a friend that will be travelling overseas for 2 weeks and I am pretty sure that her wi-fi will be totally free, but wanted to make sure.  She does not want any roaming charges as she is not going to use the phone itself for calls or texts.  So if she just uses wi-fi it will not incur any charges correct???

Accepted Solution

Wi-Fi usage overseas

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 14, 2011 9:55:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Put it in airplane mode - leave it there for the duration from takeoff in the USA to touchdown in the USA.

Turn on wifi

Enjoy. No AT&T fees for wifi (if you can find free wifi - depending on where you travel that will be hit or miss)

Put it in airplane mode - leave it there for the duration from takeoff in the USA to touchdown in the USA.

Turn on wifi

Enjoy. No AT&T fees for wifi (if you can find free wifi - depending on where you travel that will be hit or miss)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Wi-Fi usage overseas

2 of 3 (3,241 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2011 10:36:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you for the reply.  That is what i thought, but she wanted confirmation and i have seen that answer multiple times on here.  Thanks again!!!  Smiley Wink

Thank you for the reply.  That is what i thought, but she wanted confirmation and i have seen that answer multiple times on here.  Thanks again!!!  Smiley Wink

Re: Wi-Fi usage overseas

3 of 3 (3,221 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments